VolunteeringWe are always encouraged to hear from people offering help to promote and support the charity. There are several ways that you can help to support NSHN.
- We are looking for people within the Nottingham area to volunteer for our telephone helpline. Volunteers are extensively trained and will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
- NSHN relies on funding through grants and donations. If you would like to organise any fundraising events then please let us know. We can provide you with sponsorship forms and depending on what you wish to do, we can arrange for advertising etc.
- A big part of what we do is raising awareness. This is something that you can do by distributing our leaflets and posters to organisations within your locality such as schools, hospitals, community centres, GP surgeries, out-patient departments, pharmacies, libraries, Citizens Advice Bureau, counsellors, Community Health Teams, walk in centres, colleges, universities, local charities etc. Leaflets and posters are available to download from the main pages of our website, although if you require any in a bulk amount or are unable to print things for yourself then please let us know.
- Many areas have regular health and wellbeing fairs, having stall holders giving out information. Similarly student fresher fairs are other places where you could help promote us. If you know of anything happening in your area and would like to hold a stand for NSHN please let us know. We can make a booking, send you leaflets etc for the stall and arrange for you to be supported by a member of the Co-ordinating Group.
- NSHN offers an email support service. We are looking for volunteers to help answer these emails. This service is supervised and full information will be provided prior to beginning volunteering. Please e-mail us and we will send you an application form.
- If you are fluent in a language other than English, we would love for you to help us translate our information materials.
- If you are interested in helping out with the running of the charity by joining the Co-ordinating Group, take a look at this page for further information and contact us!
Please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.
National Self Harm Network Co-ordinating Group.