Author Topic: Physical health & meds worries  (Read 667 times)

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
Re: Physical health & meds worries
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 05:29:27 PM »
Excellent, excellent & another excellent for luck!  :icon_mrgreen:
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 07:51:25 PM »
Still no vertigo  :creature2:
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 01:02:44 PM »
 :creature2:  *imagines TH doing this at the moment*  ::P:
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 10:05:09 PM »
My head is mashed and I can feel my mental health unraveling. I'm so restless and agitated and my brain feels like it is crawling with millions of insects. I'm snappy and irritable and miserable and moody. I want to drink alcohol everyday, I've got a huge desire to get high.

Driving is becoming stressful as I keep convincing myself that people are following my car.

My rational side thinks I'm probably reacting to the decrease of my APs. I don't want to speak to my psych because I'm sure he's testing me. I want to stick two fingers up to him and tell him I've had enough of his games and experimentation.

Oh, and there's the intense memories of bad times, which may or may not even be real memories. But yeah, they are making me cry and feel distressed.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 10:28:00 PM »
My rational side thinks I'm probably reacting to the decrease of my APs.

I'd go with your rational side.
I don't want to speak to my psych because I'm sure he's testing me..
You know that he wouldn't do that to you - I think speaking to him would help you. Let him know that you're struggling, and see if he can help.  :hug2:

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »
I tried.

His advice was to do some colouring in and go for a walk.

As far as his advice is concerned, I'm putting it straight in the bin. His reply has helped me in a backwards way though, as it's opened my eyes to the fact that psychiatry is 10% medicine, 90% bulls*it. No one has the right to pick my thoughts and feelings apart and make me feel that their theories are facts. That my thoughts and feelings are wrong, or abnormal or that I'm not reacting to life in the right way.

I want out of the MH system. I want to deal with my cr*p in my own way. Whether that's moaning to friends, or getting drunk, or sleeping with someone inappropriate. In my eyes that's a more normal way of dealing with things than going for an aimless walk, or colouring in a picture. I'm 36, not 12.

I'm sure I'll make mistakes and have the odd regret, but I'll be making my own decisions and controlling my own life.

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »
I think that there's a lot of truth in what you say about psychiatry, and there are always going to be opposing opinions about what's right and what's wrong, and what the best course of action would be for each individual person. It must be equally frustrating for them, too, when there isn't a definitive black or white answer that they can use to sort out everyone's issues.
That said, many people do owe a lot to the help and support that they provide - it can make all of the difference, and I know they've helped steer you in the right direction before today. It's also more difficult when we're not in the most stable of places ourselves - even when the cause is as simple as changing meds, but the MH people are in a position where they can step back and look at things without any confounding influences. Sometimes advice such as going for a walk does help break a cycle of thought by providing a distraction, other times it sounds plain stupid, but it'll also often take away the impulsiveness factor of doing something that could have unwanted consequences, and I think that it's that which is part of the reason behind some of their lame sounding suggestions.

Perhaps try for a balance - it's natural to make some mistakes in life, but don't let things get out of control.  :hug2:

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 11:44:58 PM »
I know where you're coming from, most psychiatry does seem to be bullsh**. It's like when a doctor says to take painkillers for pain.. Gee, I never would have thought of that..  ::). It's frustrating when you ask for help and get fobbed off with crappy advice (I've phoned crisis only to be told to have a bath, I'm in mental distress not dirty! :fryingpan:). I understand why you're feeling a bit peed off but from what I've read in your previous posts you're psych has always been pretty helpful for you. Maybe you need to rethink your current treatment but please please please talk it through with someone first. If you do decide to leave MH services perhaps do it slowly rather than just leaving outright.

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 01:02:30 PM »
Thank you for your replies and thoughts xx xx

I think I just need a break from psychiatry. I've been under a mental health team constantly for 22 years now. I just need a break. I can't hack having my thoughts picked apart and analysed all the time. I just want to be 'me' for a while. Just a average adult human, not a MH patient or someone to be scrutinised.

Maybe it's not an ideal decision, but I really need to step away. Maybe not forever, but for now.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 03:18:55 PM »
I totally understand and if you feel that it's the right choice for you then that's OK. Do you know what you'd do if things get bad again and you need support? Can you go to your GP? Just have a plan in place in case you need help. It might be a good idea to tell someone close to you so that they can spot the signs that you might not notice.  :hug1: