Author Topic: Research into self-harm, emotion management and mindfulness  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Psychstudent

• Researcher
  • First posts
Research into self-harm, emotion management and mindfulness
« on: April 28, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »
Participants are needed for a research project that explores why some people self-harm, and how this relates to the way we experience and manage our emotions.  I am a Phd student at Middlesex University looking for adults who have self-harmed as well as adults who have not self-harmed to complete a short (about 20 minutes) anonymous online survey.  The research has been approved by Middlesex University's Ethics Committee.

Participants will have the chance to enter into a prize draw to win £50 in Amazon vouchers.  For more information and to take part in the study please visit the study website www.memstudy.org or contact me via this site.  A direct link to the survey is here: https://mdxl.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6ybLW2eXmmhiDFr

Thank you.

:)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:13:19 PM by Rob »

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Research into self-harm, emotion management and mindfulness
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 10:06:06 PM »
Done but it's very hard to estimate the number of times that I've used a particular method since it's been a very long time. I imagine that many others would have this problem too.
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 06:01:14 AM »
Ditto vermillion
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 05:39:04 PM »
This survey has now finished. :)
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258