Author Topic: It gets better!  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Clazzii

• 18+
  • First posts
It gets better!
« on: April 24, 2016, 11:01:46 AM »
*MENTIONS SH AND SUICIDE*

Hi, I'm a member from a long time ago, roughly 5 years I think! Anyway I just wanted to say thanks to this forum as it helped me a lot. It's roughly 5 whole years since I last hurt myself and it's partly because of people from here encouraging me to talk to people about my problems (mainly my then boyfriend who is now my husband). I just wanted to thank you and to tell you you are all amazing!
I also just wanted to put the message out that it does get better! I first SHed when I was just 10 and carried on though out my teens. I was terrified of anyone knowing but deeply in need of help, thankfully wonderful people here got me to open up. To this day only my husband knows but regularly opening up to someone is the first step to getting better. I admit I would have probably got better quicker if I'd seen a professional but I was far too scared (my sister has a mental illness and she is now so dosed up on pills she's barely recognisable).
Anyway, 10 years ago I was contemplating suicide, now I'm married to a wonderful man, we have just bought our first home and we have a gorgeous baby boy. IT GETS BETTER!!!

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
Re: It gets better!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »
 :thumbsup: great stuff! Thanks for sharing xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer