Author Topic: Reflections  (Read 5080 times)

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
Reflections
« on: December 31, 2015, 10:28:16 PM »
So 2015 is about to end and I thought I'd take stock of the last 12 months...

On the whole it has been an amazing and successful year for me. I transitioned from part time work to full time hours in a new job. I had several months off of ADs. I'm back on ADs now, but taking the least meds that I've taken in years. I've barely had any contact with MH services or my GP. I also had 2 relationships after approx 5 years of being single.

I've not been in a psychiatric unit since 2011, not ODd since 2012 and I can't recall when I last SHd, but I don't remember doing it in 2015 at all.

This next year I am heading towards being discharged from CMHT. I feel quite mixed about that. Positive of course, but worried too. I have schizoaffective disorder so I always feel at risk of getting unwell even when things are good.

I am planning on getting fitter this year. I want to lose a bit of weight and complete the couch to 5k program. I would like to get a job I can progress in and make a career out of. I dropped a day in my current job (from 37.5hrs to 30hrs), and I find those hours quite manageable so I'd like to stick with that. I'd like to get into dispensing, so I'm going to look for health care roles in a pharmacy to gain some qualifications.

Fingers crossed for a healthy & happy new year
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline inmythirties

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
Re: Reflections
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 06:54:46 AM »
It sounds as though you are doing incredibly well. You should feel very proud of yourself. Do make sure if you are discharged by the CMHT that you have a plan for if you become unwell again and how you can be re-referred to that service. Are work supportive too? You do very well to do so many hours and to have career aspirations. All seems very successful and no doubt hard fought for on your part.

Offline indigo

• 18+
  • Silver Member
Re: Reflections
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:31:57 PM »
Best wishes terrified heart. Good luck with your plans.