Author Topic: Coping with head zaps- medication withdrawals  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Coping with head zaps- medication withdrawals
« on: September 16, 2015, 04:47:17 PM »
I'm getting bad head zaps since coming off fluoxetine and mirtazapine. I came off them slowly and did exactly what the doctor said and then came off them completely about a month ago. I feel like I'm going to faint when I get the zaps. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anything that might help me  to cope with them? How does everyone else manage?
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Swish

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
Re: Coping with head zaps- medication withdrawals
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 08:13:28 PM »
I'm not sure if there is anything that can help other than just go with them until they calm down and stop.   That's what I have had to do before when my meds have been changed.  I know how horrible it can feel though  :hug1:

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:35:58 PM »
I've just been through this too, it's really horrid. I've been told all you can do is ride it through. My GP told me there really isn't anything you can do to stop them. For me it lasted about 3 weeks from the date I took my last tablet. Sorry you are going through this xxx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »
Thank you both  :hug2:

It's been a month already. I wish there was something I could do to ease them, they're awful things. I'm never taking meds again.  :(
Rabbits are better than people