Author Topic: Discharged from hospital  (Read 5196 times)

Offline faithful

• 18+
  • Gold Member
  • It's never too late to be who you might have been
Discharged from hospital
« on: September 08, 2015, 08:02:58 PM »
I was discharged this afternoon from hospital after roughly a 2 week inpatient admission. I have been started on [] venlafaxine and [] quetiapine. Quetiapine took some getting used to as it knocked me out initially and I was so drowsy- it works better than zopiclone!

Things aren't great, but I guess I have to carry on where I left off before this admission
 Luckily it was a shorter admission than my past two this year, and also the only one where I wasn't sectioned so I guess that's progress.

I'm knackered and run down. I have DBT tomorrow and my 7 day face to face appointment with my CCO Thursday but a large part of me wants to discharge myself from community mental health services. I hate wasting people's time. And I can't be bothered anymore. I'm feeling a bit drugged at the moment but it's not helping. The nurse practioner on the ward has always made me feel awful and not been nice, this admission she told me I an a manipulative attention seeker.  It made me feel awful and angry but also guilty. I complained to PALS  but now I feel nasty and bad for doing so. My head is a mess still.
At least I can sleep when on quetiapine.

:icon_arrow: [] edits for quantities
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:31:41 PM by Rob »
Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Discharged from hospital
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:14:53 PM »
 :1059:

You were right to report that nurse, it's hard enough in hospital without staff adding to the problems.
I think that if you really were wasting cmht time they would have discharged you themselves so there's no reason to feel that way. Maybe your cco can help you work  through your feelings, perhaps some guidance could help you feel less overwhelmed? Might be worth talking about it at your appointment.
Rabbits are better than people

Offline justine

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:00:27 PM »
I don't think moving away from the community services is a good idea, it's good to keep support around you even if you feel like you would be okay without it. You're not wasting anyones time, even if you don't feel at your most productive at the moment stick through it. Ignore the nurse on the ward, she is clearly ignorant to how big a deal mental problems are, just because you can't see them doesn't make them any less bad. You have a right to help and that doesn't make you a time waster and it doesn't make you manipulative or an attention seeker. You did right to make a complaint, she should treat her patients with kindness at the least, if she can't be understanding.
If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:16:55 PM »
i'm so sorry the nurse said that to you, she is completly in the wrong :frying pan:

I hope you are okay  :hug1: :hug1:
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Offline faithful

• 18+
  • Gold Member
  • It's never too late to be who you might have been
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 10:04:34 PM »
Thank you all :hug1:
Sorry for the really late reply
I've been all over the place and in and out of A&E. Things aren't great but they aren't at crisis point. It's pretty much the story of my life at the moment.

A PALS complaint has been put it against he nurse.
I just have to wait for the outcome. I don't expect anything will happen, but at least I complained I guess. 

A friend of mine is in a really bad way and in hospital at the moment, I am finding that difficult. She is suicidal and my heart sinks knowing how unwell she is at the moment.  As soon as I can I will go see her. On top of that my 'best friend' told me I am difficult and that I am choosing to take things the wrong way. And that it's my fault basically.  I'm not talking to her and I'm feeling awful and angry etc regarding that. Plus I am now without medication as I couldn't get a repeat prescription from my GP. So my head and thoughts are bad and all over the place.
I have been having nightmares every night too about difficult things.  I wake up in a state and scared and on edge and agitated and can't calm down. I will see my sister soon and I am looking forward to that as I have felt like I need her but at the same time I feel like avoiding people given things that have gone on recently.
I don't know. I'm struggling.  I can't trust anyone.  I missed my appointment with my CCO and haven't seen her in weeks.  I don't know anymore.
Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Offline justine

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 07:11:42 PM »
You best friend is lacking understanding. Has she had any experience of mental health issues? Perhaps you could write her a letter to help her understand? We can help you with it here is you want. You best friend has only one persepective, same as you. But a perspective is just one way of looking at the truth and people often see the wrong perspective of the truth. Don't forget that what she says is her opinion. You have your own opinion too. If your GP didn't give you a prescription because they thought that it was best that you go without it. If you feel concerned that they may not be right talk to them about your concerns.

For the nightmares i recommend keeping a sketch pad and some crayons by your bed and when you wake from a dream, draw your dream and try to work out what it's trying to tell you. I used to do this and on one night i had a nightmare. I woke up scared and jumpy with my heart racing. I drew my dream and tried to understand it and figured it out. I was scared in the dream but the message wasn't scary at all, it was telling me to be more connected to people. Other times my dreams put together recent events in my life but from a weird perspective and once it's on paper its clear to see.

Your feeling about needing your sister but also wanting to avoid people seems to me to mean two things. You feel a need for support from your sister (a good thing) and that you feel like you need some time out to be alone away from people. Me time. (A good thing also). So why not do both? Have a good chat with your sister and make sure to spend a day or two chilling out on your own.

:hug2:
If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new