Author Topic: Update..  (Read 5530 times)

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
Update..
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:25:51 AM »
Hello all,

Just thought I'd post some positive stuff..

All is going really well for me right now. I've met a lovely bloke we've been together around 6 weeks and it's going really really well. He treats me really well and I feel totally secure in our relationship. Until I met him I'd been single for about 5 years, and didn't think I wanted to be in a relationship again. But then I met S and just clicked and it just feels right and natural to be together. He's met my family and I've met his and everyone has liked each other.

I've also left my part time job after 6 years of working there. I start a full time job in another shop next Monday. Again, this feels like the right move. I've no doubt I'll be shattered working full time for a while, but I'm fit and healthy mentally and physically so I'll survive. Surprisingly I feel positive about all this and not at all worried or daunted.

On a slight negative I've got tonsillitis at the moment, so feel a bit crappy. But even this hasn't affected my mood. I'm still positive and future focused.

Those of you who've known me on here for a while will know that life has not always been like this for me. It's been a long long journey. I've had MH stuff going on for more of my life than I've not had MH stuff. Life has got extremely bleak in the past and I've truly not wanted to carry. I'm not entirely sure how things turned around, but I'm so very grateful that they have. I feel so lucky to have come through this, and I've got a real zest for life right now. I'm not deluded that things will always be so good, life is full of up and downs, and MH is such a fragile concept. But for now life is good and I'm going to make the most of each good day :)
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline katie85

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Update..
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 11:16:30 AM »
That's wonderful, well done on getting to the happy place you're in. You deserve it. And thank you for sharing your news, it's reassuring to people who are currently struggling to know that life can change for the better. I hope you and your new partner have a great time together x

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
Couldn't have said it better than Katie...

It's great to hear from you th ... I hope you will keep us updated when you start your new job too x x
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline behindthewall

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 04:36:04 PM »
So pleased for you TH and thankyou for the inspiration!  :1059:

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
Thank you guys xx xx xx

If things can get better for me then they honestly can for every one of you. Keep strong and keep fighting xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 06:40:27 PM »
Just to let you know that my new job is going really well. Done 3 days now and getting more confident everyday. The other staff are lovely. I think I'll be happy there. They invited me on a night out today, but it's when I'm in Turkey so unfortunately I won't be able to go. Was nice that they asked tho.

All good with S still too :)

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 03:15:09 PM »
First week at work went really well. I was mega tired on Thurs when I had to start at 8am, but fine again on Friday. I seem to be getting used to early starts now I was actually awake by 8am yesterday on my day off. Have had the weekend off and I'm in again tomorrow. All the staff are lovely there and I'm in a good routine now.

Had a night out with the girls from my old job last night. We will definitely be keeping in touch which is great. There were a few of the girls who left at Christmas time there too. Makes leaving the old job easier knowing I will stay friends with the old crew.

Things still good with the new fella. He is staying over for a couple of nights this week. It's got quite serious quite early on, but I feel totally comfortable with him. We have already said 'I love you' to each other. My family really like him too which is a bonus, and his family like me.

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »
That's great news on all fronts!  ;D
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258