Author Topic: Headaches  (Read 5233 times)

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
Headaches
« on: April 29, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm sorry I havn't been around much recently, I do think of you all a lot and hope you are well.

Recently over the last 8-12 weeks i've been getting regular headaches.

I started a new job in January and i work Monday - Friday. I usually wake up with a headache on Saturday and it lasts all weekend. Recently the headaches have crept tofrward a little and i've been getting them thursday and friday too. They are not migraines, which i'm unfortunately also familiar with, These headaches are painfull even to ruin your weekend but not bad enough to make me sick. They respond to codeine (sometimes for a little while) but not paracetamol., and they usually last a couple of days not just a few hours.

I thought it was happening at weekends because my routine had changed, so i started making sure I still only got 8 hours sleep, no more, so weekend lie ins went away. I drink a lot of coffee during the week, but wasn't at the weekend, so i started drinking a couple of cups during the eekend incase it was a caffeine withdrawal but that hasn't helped either. I've started going swimming and taking a sauna and steam room, trying to exercise, stretch, then relax my muscles incase it was tension, but this doesn't seem to help either. I don't drink any alcohol at all, so it isn't related to that, i'm not hungover! lol. I've also been the opticians, hd my eyes checked and my glasses have been changed, - this also hasn't helped.

I'm finally at the end of my tether, as the headaches have caused me to miss out on nights out, gigs i've already paid for tickets too and basically anything i had planned for the weekend. I've decided its time to get some expert help in, so i've made a drs appointment for this evening.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Any experience of dealing with persistent headaches? Also, is there anything in particular I should ask the Dr?
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
Re: Headaches
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 05:21:17 PM »
Just tell the doctor what you've written here - if it's happened over 8-10 weeks it's not something that doesn't need to be addressed, even though the cause might be trivial.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline hayley

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Headaches
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 11:12:17 PM »
There is something called "cluster headaches".  which I've heard can be very painful and I believe involves pain every day, which eventually goes away. But you can get another attack further down the line.

Check out my blog! www.borderlineshavemoref un@wordpress.com