Author Topic: Positive Post  (Read 4970 times)

Offline tinkerbell88

• 18+
  • Silver Member
Positive Post
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »
Hey everyone, wow its been ages since i logged in here!! I just wanted to leave you all with something positive, i joined here when i was about 18, i was really bad, self harming pretty much everyday, i had so much self hatred and attempted suicide several times. I thought i was never going to get over self harm, i thought i was stuck with it, it was like an addiction. Im 26 now, and i cant even remember the last time i self harmed!! I have a gorgeous 3 year old daughter, im not with her dad as he was a douche to put it nicely, iv got a lovely supportive partner and iv moved away to a completely different area! Oh and i also have my own online business which has enabled me to give up part time work i was doing before to spend lots of time with my little girl!!

How did i do it? A number of things really, i wouldnt say there was one particular thing, iv been on anti depressants since the age of about 19, had a hell of alot of counselling, and i got rid of everything that made me unhappy and started to think about me, and over time the urge to self harm and the hatred got less and less, dont get me wrong i still have really bad days with depression and anxiety but i can safely say i have no urge to self harm :)

Just thought i would share as i completely understand how awful it can be to feel so trapped within the self harm cycle, but enjoy it at the same time, but if i can get through it then so can you!!

Im here for any help any of you need

lots of love x x x
This smile hides the tears i cry in my empty soul....

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
Re: Positive Post
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 04:01:58 PM »
Lovely post  :) Glad things are going well for you xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline tinkerbell88

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »
thank you :) xx :hug2:
This smile hides the tears i cry in my empty soul....

Offline BeBop

• 18+
  • First posts
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 02:26:10 PM »
Fantastic!