Author Topic: Trig s/harm feel i tried so hard with the GP  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Popcorn

• +18
  • Gold Member
Trig s/harm feel i tried so hard with the GP
« on: April 03, 2015, 07:00:38 PM »
 :trig:

I was in a very bad space the other night was so unsafe and once the diazepam kicked in and the safety was better i was able to do some, a ex mental health worker talked to me the next day and then phoned the m/h team, they had a long chat with me about my self harm, She insisted i went to the GP and show her my wounds cos some could be infected and particularly need some stiches!!!

Managed to get a GP appt that day with a GP i had met once before as my GP wasnt in yesterday or today. Well she asked where they were and i dropped my jeans to show her, she saw the dressings and said looks like u done alot, i think you should go on anti-biotics,   she didnt check the wounds and had no intention and i was going to start taking the dressing off and she stopped me, and asked if anything there was anything else.  found it very hard to go and see her and feel that she didnt do what she was supposed to do and i didnt manage to do as told by the m/h team.

Took alot of guts to see an almost stranger GP cos of trust issues.

Sorry just needed to get this out and share

I wish I knew how it would feel to be free from all those chains holding me ~ lighthouse family

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
Re: Trig s/harm feel i tried so hard with the GP
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:38:06 PM »
I'm sorry that your GP didn't check your wounds as you feel she should have done. If you're unhappy with the treatment you received, you are able to see a different GP if that would help. Some are more approachable than others. :hug2:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 10:56:25 PM »
+1 to what Terri said. If you don't want to see a GP again and your concerned about your wounds you could get an appointment with the nurse instead. I've done this many times since is often quicker than a GP appt.
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Popcorn

• +18
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 12:34:01 AM »
I have a good Practice nurse who is on her holidays
I have a good GP but she is part time and isnt in till wednesday next week.

Find it so hard to trust a medical professional (PTSD as well as  BPD), but can trust the above, taken some time and hard work to do that.

Just have to try and stick in there. although at the moment dont feel like it

I wish I knew how it would feel to be free from all those chains holding me ~ lighthouse family