Author Topic: Sir terry Pratchett  (Read 5526 times)

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Sir terry Pratchett
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:07:05 PM »
What a sad day. So sad to hear of his passing, he's been a big influence, an escape from my painful reality and a brilliantly clever and a imaginative mind ...

There's so many quotes I could type here but I love this one “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

What's your favourite terry Pratchett quote?
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Sir terry Pratchett
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 07:11:49 PM »
And this one

“No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away...”
― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

And his will live forever x
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 07:21:45 PM »
“Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
― Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of sky

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 07:27:20 PM »
Too many quotes to pick from, but from the earlier Haberdashery nomes to the Patrician and Joshua Valiente, Granny and Nanny Ogg will no doubt continue to delight for many more years to come.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 08:09:29 PM »
My favourite books are the witches books rob... Love nanny ogg and granny !

And for those who have never read terry Pratchett you can google his quotes and I bet you will identify with some of them ...

X

Offline Reeta

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Faulty genes
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 03:58:16 PM »
I was lucky enough to have met him a few times (even got to wear his hat) and had always insisted that the witches were based on my grans, once he met one of them and had to admit that my gran was Nanny Ogg to the bones and exactly who he thought about when he was writing.
I swear he met her as a young boy and thats where she came from.

I do hope that Rob (his assistant) prints anything that Sir Pterry was working on, even if Neil Gaimen has to finish it.

Offline Poison_viper

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »
Don't know about favorite quotes, there are so many to choose from,

Very sad, just recently started reading The Wee Free Men to my 7 year old a few days before it happened.
Last SH - 06/01/2010