Author Topic: GP and refusal  (Read 4994 times)

Offline millie

• 18+
  • Silver Member
GP and refusal
« on: February 14, 2015, 04:42:13 PM »
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, and also it's a bit random.

Many of my own issues stem from my mums. She has complex PTSD amongst other things. TBH I don't get too involved - I want to be her daughter not her nurse (I am a nurse professionally).

Anyway, she refuses to register with a GP and we are really struggling to get chronic needs for her. She has a psychiatrist so those mess are ok but she also has asthma and the open access GP centre refusing to give her more inhalers ( will give acute things ie antibiotics for chest infections).

Does anyone know what the legal situation is re this? Is she allowed to refuse to register?? Are they allowed to refuse to treat her?? I am so stressed out by all this. It is stopping me sleeping and all sorts.

I've emailed the dept of health for advice as well!

But anything you know would be invaluable to me.

Thanks!

Millie xxx

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
Re: GP and refusal
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »
Sorry i have no useful advice in the slightest but just wanted you to know had read your post, that sounds very stressful. Perhaps the psychiatrist could help? maybe write a letter or something sorry just grasping at straws really :1059:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline mbwa

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:48:52 PM »
You may have tried it already but if your mum is based in England/Wales the Mind legal advice line can help with community care/rights issues. 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays).
0300 466 6463
[email protected]

Offline millie

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 08:47:10 PM »
Oh thanks, I didn't realise mind had legal advice. Thanks xxx