Author Topic: Relaxation stuff  (Read 3879 times)

Offline BA

• 018s Buddy
  • Usually here
  • Mission One
Relaxation stuff
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:14:26 PM »
Curious to hear what you guys do for relaxation. I'm not very good at it and I'm rather conscientious about my job out of hours and things like that. I think it needs to be something that allows me to calm my head down a bit, away from electronic devices. I run a bit, but that takes planning and whilst beneficial...I dunno, it's almost too physical for what I have in mind. That said, I'm not sure what I want to try.  ::) Free writing, poetry, maybe?
Strength, courage and wisdom.

Offline behindthewall

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Relaxation stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 09:48:20 AM »
My relaxation activities of choice are playing guitar /piano, knitting, and mindfulness meditation, oh and cooking that's not work cooking. I guess for me it's mostly about creativity, things that engage the mind enough to block out stressful thoughts and it helps me to keep my hands busy. Music stuff helps me deal with emotions to some extent, gives them an outlet, your ideas of writing/poetry might work in a similar way.

It will be interesting to hear what others do and how you get on with things you try. X

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Relaxation stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:20:15 PM »
i find jigsaws very helpful for that. i also enjoy puzzles- my.faves are codebreakers and anagrams though for some.people they are frustrating. sometimes i play shooting.games on my xbox, thats a pretty good.stress.reliever.
sometimes simply sitting in the park and reading a book is really helpful.
hope this helps a bit. :)
Rabbits are better than people