Author Topic: Crying  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Lwona

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Haven Cow
Crying
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »
Sorry, I know I've made a lot of threads recently. Hope it's okay.

I used to be able to cry very easily, but in the last year or so it's become something near impossible. Crying is a huge form of safe relief for me and with university coming up I feel I need to express all this pent up emotion. I feel unprepared knowing I have this bottled up explosion, sorta ready to go. I really want to get this out of my system before uni. I'd just feel like a ticking time bomb otherwise.

At the moment, all I can do is tear up ever so slightly. As soon as that happens it feels like my body rebels against it and it stops. I've tried safely triggering tears, certain songs/videos used to do it but nothing seems to work now.

Does anyone have any tips for what I could do to try and encourage crying?
I'll try near enough anything! ::)
< Buzz ;D
:piano: < Little Red Dude
*cat* < Ruby ;D

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Crying
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:05:44 PM »
 :hug2:hey lovely
You have a lot going on right now  x

I struggled to cry when I was really ill, so it's a bit different to you but I do get what you mean about it being a release. Are you very tense? Too tense to let it all out? What do you do to relax?

Is the prospect of uni exciting or just damn scary? Xx

Offline Lwona

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Haven Cow
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 12:26:10 PM »
Thanks for replying :)

I feel quite tense, yeah. Maybe too tense to let it out, I hadn't thought of it like that. Umm, I don't really take much time for myself like that I guess. Most of my day is spent in a similar way - on the computer, distracting etc. I'm not the sort of person to unwind in a bath or anything like that so I guess I'm not really sure how I could.

It's something I really want to go back to. I have a lot of determination to get back and hopefully get through the course, but it's overshadowed at the moment by the fact that I don't feel I'm 'ready' to go back. I've been trying so hard to get myself well before September, but of course you can't really work illness to a schedule. I think that's why I'm quite set on crying before hand. It's the only safe release that I can think of that may help make it feel more possible. It feels scary only because I'm so worried that this pent up emotion could 'explode' in uni, which is one of my bigger fears.

xx
< Buzz ;D
:piano: < Little Red Dude
*cat* < Ruby ;D

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
I have the same problem. When I was unwell I was crying all the time, now I worry I've gone the other way and can now not feel sad emotions or cry. I've also tried songs and films that make me cry or stir feelings and those don't seem to work. Although I did cry a bit this weekend and it was a relief to know I can feel still.

I don't have any tips though unfortunately. I think it's a case of you'll cry when you're ready to, rather than when you're trying to force it. It will happen when your body is ready for it to happen. I know that's not really any use now though.

I hope you can manage to have that release soon and you'll feel better afterwards.
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x

Offline Lauren

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:21:52 PM »
Have you tried cutting up onions? There is something in them that starts the tears off especially when you cut the root off. For me crying can just carry on from that.. 
:13328:
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down, I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out, I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be... I make no apologies, THIS IS ME.

Offline LanaKane

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 01:25:57 AM »
A really sad movie? (but one that won't trigger you of course) like...are you an animal fan? Try Red Dog. Or, the movie Home Room makes me cry at the end every time but don't watch it if you're triggered by violence because there is a bit at the start. I can't think of others right now but there's lots of movies that should start the crying off.
Paramedics - Here to save your arse, not kiss it :)