Author Topic: Dreams when you're awake  (Read 5312 times)

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
Dreams when you're awake
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:45:05 PM »
Does anyone else experience a kind of dream like state, whilst being awake?

I don't know how else to explain it; but it's like you're dreaming and you know you're in a dream. But you're not. You ARE really cooking / showering / talking. It's real. It's NOT a dream, but you feel like it is.

I'm not explaining it very well, but does anyone else kind of understand/know this?

:cake:

Offline behindthewall

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Dreams when you're awake
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:59:51 PM »
Sometimes a bit like that when very stressed, kind of go beyond stress to that.

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 10:03:47 AM »
That sounds similar to the disassociating I was on about and depersonalisation. Sorry, going to copy and paste from Wiki again :whistler:

Depersonalization (or depersonalisation) is an anomaly of self-awareness. It consists of a feeling of watching oneself act, while having no control over a situation. Subjects feel they have changed, and the world has become vague, dreamlike, less real, or lacking in significance. It can be a disturbing experience, since many feel that, indeed, they are living in a "dream".

Derealization can happen to anyone who is subject to temporary anxiety/stress, chronic depersonalization is more related to individuals who have experienced a severe trauma or prolonged stress/anxiety

It's worth mentioning when you see your psych again.
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »
I agree with sian....dissasociation sounds very probable. I get this when things qre tough, like when girls playing up or difficult conversations.....its like its not really happening and im watcging from afar,

as i said in other post, please go see your gp get rereferred to cmht. You deserve the help.  :guinea: