Author Topic: coping  (Read 3724 times)

Offline unicorn_charlotte

• First posts
coping
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:58 AM »
Hi... I'm new here this is my first post I'm not sure what warnings to put.in the subject but this post contains mention of self harm.
I guess I best introduce myself, I'm trying to recover and stop self harming, I have been doing it for 6 years, I am now 18, there are many reasons I started but I am now engaged to the love of my life and I can't hurt her, she is a recovered self harmer of 3 years now and I can't bring her down with me.
Recently I have been really struggling to not injure myself and I need to find an alternative that will get me through this rough patch.. I have made promised to my partner that I have to keep, if I break my promise then I will loose her trust and there will no longer be a point to our relationship,...
It would be really good to hear how you guys get through your bad days without relapsing and giving in...

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: coping
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »
 :welcome: to the forum.

Have you been to see your GP or anyone about how you're feeling and to talk about the SH? That's usually the first thing that you should do.

Getting through bad days is tough, we all have our own coping techniques. Have you found anything that works for you? Reading, watching a film, music, going for a walk...? I have a positivity board in my bedroom that's bascially a pin board covered with photos, gig tickets, receipts from things and any other things that bring back happy memories. I look at it often and it makes me smile. I also try to distract with films or getting out the house for a while.

Do you know the reasons behind why you SH?
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x