Author Topic: thank you letter  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
thank you letter
« on: April 16, 2014, 06:41:44 PM »
i have my last apt with the psych ive seen for 5 years in just under 2 weeks. it feels really important to me to try to say thank you properly to him because he is a complete legend. i have written all of the specific things that i want to say to him, but i have no idea how to finish the letter. actually finishing it feels too much like drawing a line under it.

i have no idea how i will manage without him because he is genuinely amazing...but how do you thank someone for being that awesome???

ive lost count of the amount of times that i have dissolved into tears or old habits in the last few weeks leading up to this. But...this feels like the start of walking off a cliff blind fold. i am trying to focus on the good things but it is difficult because it is such an odd ending. he is moving so i will be seeing someone else. but that doesnt feel ok because someone else is not him. trying to write anything just hammer home even more that no one will be as awesome as him.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Gerard

• Administrator
  • Always here
  • Grumpologist
Re: thank you letter
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:51:27 PM »
'You have been a consistent and stable source of support in my life - for that, thank you'.

Amongst other things

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:34:45 PM »
That is awesome. Thank you.

I know it sound silly but it is really important to me to get it right.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Gerard

• Administrator
  • Always here
  • Grumpologist
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 11:08:03 PM »
It'll probably be one of the kindest things he's ever received.

Amongst other things

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 12:59:22 AM »
I doubt it. He is brilliant and there are lots of people that will be trying to work out how to say thank you because everyone will see someone else (I assume).

Would very much like to bottle what makes him awesome and give it to the next person so that I still feel safe. :hide:

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 08:05:53 PM »
Really beginning to freak on this one. The last apt is Tuesday. Straight after it I see the T. Then the old psych, the T and the new psych will meet to talk about me...that feels weird. But not as odd as the psych adding something to a letter about him thinking it will be difficult for him to say goodbye... That is really confusing. I'm dreading the whole thing. Not sure what to do.with myself for the next couple of days. I really. Don't want to mess up before I see him cus somehow that feels more wrong.

Offline Mixbe

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 09:16:06 PM »
I tend to write a huge sprawl of everything I want to say in a really messy order, and keep adding to it, somtimes over days until I've got everything down.  Then I just try to join them up into sentences then paragraphs. 
Personally I would straight out say...

i have no idea how to finish the letter. actually finishing it feels too much like drawing a line under it.

i have no idea how i will manage without him because he is genuinely amazing...but how do you thank someone for being that awesome???

Just possibly without the three question marks :)

It's great that he's stopping you from messing up.  Keep a hold of that, even when he's gone.
I don't want to sleep. It will only bring the day around quicker.