Author Topic: Frustration with the courts (possible trig)  (Read 5163 times)

Offline Lotus

• 18+
  • First posts
Frustration with the courts (possible trig)
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »
I was in a really bad relationship for just under two years which has now lead to another two years of stalking by my ex. The police tried to help at the start but the PF dropped the cases for stalking/harassment and rape before they reached courts (I was told this by letter the day before the case was due to be heard). The guy has also been pulled into court for raping a 14 year old and for assaulting a police officer - both of which he has been found 'not guilty' for. I was pulled in as a witness with regards to the female minor, which was tough going! I'm finding it harder and harder to resist self harming especially when they guy is a student at the same university. I've approached the uni on several occasions but they refuse to help. I am currently finishing my dissertation but with him hanging over my shoulder every day it is a nightmare.

I really don't want to go back to self harming but it is getting to the stage that I feel it is the only coping mechanism I have left. Any advice?

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
Re: Frustration with the courts (possible trig)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:06:51 PM »
Sometimes I despair at what I see of the 'justice system'.
I'm assuming that you're nearly finished, so finishing your dissertation should be what you focus on - to the exclusion of the existence of your ex. He sounds like he's caused enough upsets in your life already. You've managed to come this far, it must have taken a lot of determination.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Frustration with the courts (possible trig)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:40:58 PM »
You are a tough cookie  :hug1:
Hang in there get your dissertation done and then can you get out of there?
Have you any professional support? X