Author Topic: Risperidone tablets  (Read 4795 times)

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Risperidone tablets
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:17:16 PM »
I'm currently on risperidone consta ... Depot but want to come off it in march ... I don't know whether I can switch to tablets so I can reduce the dose gradually the consta drops from quite a high dose to nothing...

I have spent quite a long time coming off sedatives and don't want to take the tablets if they're going to be sedative as well... My CPN says that I may find them quite sedating after the depot...

Is anyone taking risperidone tablets or have switched from depot to tablets? Are they more sedating ?
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline obsidian

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Risperidone tablets
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 06:29:20 PM »
I've never had it as a depot, but I'm on risperidone atm (coming off it in next few weeks as I'm switching to a different med). It can be sedating at first, as in it would help me to get to sleep half an hour to an hour after taking it at night, but the sedation doesn't last that long. I would suggest not driving the first few days on tablets just in case.

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Risperidone tablets
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Thanx, that's what I was worried about... I def don't want to take anything which has even a little bit of a sedative because of OD urges and the fact it took me so long and so many sleepless nights just to get off lorazepam, sleeping tablet and mirtazapine ....

I'm doing really well with OD urges but I won't lie they're still there some nights...
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..