The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Privacy - if you don't want your email address seen on your posts on the public boards, please remember to tick the 'hide email address' box in your profile.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 27, 2014, 08:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help With Teen Daughter & School*SH*  (Read 689 times)
davie2000
First posts

« on: May 29, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »

Hi
i am new to this. My daughter,age 14, started harming a few months ago after a friend who did it dared her. Since then she has made an awful mess on her arms cutting, harming and scribing. She has been seen by the doctor and child and mental health team. The school has told me it is their policy to permanently exclude her if it doesn't improve as they can't take responsibility and to refer her to social services as she is at risk(from herself) I was quite appalled, as I felt that this was not at all helpful. Is this usual?
Roxxi96
Haven
Silver Member

The pain we feel is to remind us we are strong!

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 01:17:50 PM »

Unfortunately it is usual. I was excluded from my school,although not permanently, because of self harm and attempted suicide. Its so that the school can not be held responsible for anything. The school may ask for a meeting and you and your daughter will be able to talk things through with them. Hopefully your daughter won't be excluded but the child mental health team will help you and your daughter to keep her in school.

*Forever is a long time, lets not waste it*

Last SUI attempt - 13/11/12
Last SH - ongoing, most days :-(
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »

i dont now asxacly but try to not worry about it to much  littlehug1
angeldevil123
---- o18s
Usually here

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »

They cannot exclude her if its self harm, they would have to have a lot of reasons and then there have to be something in place for her my advice speak to the head of the school and welfare.

RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: