NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Privacy - if you don't want your email address seen on your posts on the public boards, please remember to tick the 'hide email address' box in your profile.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 21, 2014, 01:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What else can I do for my daughter?  (Read 660 times)
Nemily
First posts

« on: June 03, 2012, 11:23:02 PM »

Hi all,

My daughter is 14 and has been SH for about 6 weeks.  She became extremely depressed, agitated and had awful mood swings a few months ago.  I was fortunate enough to get her into the gp and to CAMHS within the space of 10 days of discovery and she was prescribed citalopram and melantonin and told to stay off school for two weeks.  Things became worse, I rang CAMHS and we introduced respiridone 0.5 x 2, which has since been increased to 1 x 2.  The citalopram is nearly 4 weeks in, and the respiridone about 10 days.  I cant really say there has been any improvement.  She has and appt  for counselling on Friday.

She will talk to me and me alone at the moment.  She cannot explain why she feels so low, she wakes really early and seems to just be waiting for the day to end, she cant cope with people, she is bored but cant really muster any energy together to do much, she cries a lot and is SH daily.  I am trying to be supportive, I have bought appropriate clothing for her to feel comfortable, am trying to be there for her and support her.  I just want her to feel better.

I have a long history with depression myself, although I have never SH.  I still remain on anti-d's and therefore do know what it feels like to be depressed.  But this is my little girl, I need to help her, I dont know how.  My heart breaks.  Then I harden up, then my heart breaks again.  I feel positive, then I feel so negative.  We were offered to have her in hospital and we chose not to go down this route (she said she no longer wants to live, but doesnt feel a suicide risk).  I can make this call anytime.  I am trying to hang on in there, to get the tablets to work but I cant see any improvement.

I just need someone to tell me its all going to be ok.

Thanks for listening xx

greenday
Usually here

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »

hi my name is greenday and i under stand what your saying i now how hard its for u but life is justa big puzzil so try to do your best your doing the best to take care of her so keep going u can do it  big hug
Tazzie
18+
Usually here

fighting my way to the surface

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:12:56 AM »

It sounds like you are doing everything you can already
Carry on supporting, hugging, listening. You sound like a very loving and caring parent.
Hugs to you both x x x
 big hug

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." - Salvador Dali.

last sh  -  29/3/10

greenday
Usually here

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:16:52 AM »

u r doing the best for her u can do it be positive good luck  littlehug1 big hug
angeldevil123
---- o18s
Usually here

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »

Maybe the hospital could be an option worth taking if she gets any worse.
Have tried getting her to open up how she really feels down inside.

RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: