The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Privacy - if you don't want your email address seen on your posts on the public boards, please remember to tick the 'hide email address' box in your profile.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 20, 2014, 03:44:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rant! **trig sh, meds **  (Read 377 times)
greengiant
18+
Bronze Member

« on: May 08, 2012, 05:34:28 PM »

Why is it that just when you get comfortable with one sh support worker, they tell you they will be finishing with the service soon?

As a bit of background, I started seeing a s/h support worker last august.  Only for the original support worker (a) I was seeing to go off on maternity leave.
Eventually I started with a new support worker (b), late last year.  Now my original support worker (a) will be returning from maternity leave come July, so I'll have to see her rather
than my current one.   

Not a great start to my appointment today :-(  She didn't seem best pleased when I told her I had recent (as in last night) episodes of S/h, and that I had been stopping medication
as another form of s/h.  Now she is wanting me to see my GP to see about medication, but I'm not sure I want to go down the meds route again.  Mind you, I've only been quit for one day, and I feel crap already :-/

On top of this, I'm also a little overwhelmed with college work. Only 4 weeks left till the course finished, and lots of coursework needing done :-/

sigh.

last sh 03/04/12
greengiant
18+
Bronze Member

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »

A bit better today, so I thought I'd follow up my own post.

Managed to make an appointment to see a dr next week. Although if I had wanted to make an appointment with my own dr I'd have had to have waited till the end of may...

So we'll see what the doc says.

Meanwhile, I need to keep myself well so I can get through my college course  - only 4 weeks left to go, then I'll have finished. It only seemed like yesterday I started at college, how time flies!

cheers

Smiley

last sh 03/04/12
Broken Wings
18+
Usually here

Formely Ms Boots

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »

Hi it's good to hear that things are a little better today,as for the issue of sw and leaving i haven't got a clue,it's good that you managed to get an apt with the dr,even though it's not your own,they say time flies when your having fun,but can you apply that to a college course?

Hope you manage to stay well and on track to finish your course,what are you studying if i may be so bold to ask.

Take care  littlehug1 littlehug2 xx

Sometimes we don't need advice
We just need someone to listen
greengiant
18+
Bronze Member

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »

Thanks Ms Boots!

A much better day today!

I'm studying conservation at college, basically majority of the time we are out and about having fun!  Not so much fun is the essays that go with it though....

Smiley

last sh 03/04/12
Broken Wings
18+
Usually here

Formely Ms Boots

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »

Your welcome hun x

Good to hear today has been better Smiley

Take care  littlehug1 littlehug2

Sometimes we don't need advice
We just need someone to listen
greengiant
18+
Bronze Member

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »

Managed to  hand a whole pile of completed course work into my course tutor today.  Grin

Not nearly so much needing completed now though!   Smiley

last sh 03/04/12
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: