The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: New members: please note that all new applications are manually checked for member safety. It can take up to 24 hrs for new accounts to be approved. When approved you will be emailed with your activation link, and after you activate your account you can then post and see additional rooms. You must have a valid email address to receive your activation link.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 21, 2014, 04:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANON POST : Emigrating to oz... *SH/Sui*  (Read 507 times)
Bea
NSHN Moderator
Usually here

No day But Today.

« on: April 21, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

Anon writes:

I'm to ashamed to post this under my name. It's an amazing opportunity. Yet I'm petrified.

Mum has a few job interviews for out there, and the earliest we could be there is September! Not that it's that doable this end. There was talk of me to stay in the uk and finish my studying, but mum doesn't feel this will be good for me. She says if I don't go, she won't go. I really don't feel able to make a disition about this. I can't decide what to wear, let alone moving to the other side of the world this is huge.

My manager at work doesn't feel it's the best thing for my mental health, my best friend said 'I'm not being funny but you'll be dead within 6 months of moving there'

I'm not feeling mentally well at the moment. My parents don't understand, they keep telling me to get over it, cheer up, pull myself together. Then in the next sentence 'go cut yourself then' - I'm scared. I love my parents, but moving to oz, I'll loose my support network, I'll just know them. They aren't supportive at all when it comes to my 'mental health' - mums answer is... 'you'll be able to get your meds in Australia'

I don't think that's the answer :s
 I'm sorry for sounding so ungrateful.

invisiblyyyT  *jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.
smiler
18+
Usually here

one way or another it is possible to succeed

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:14:57 PM »

sorry words are no my friend toda but am listenin

i do totally understand your hesistation and fear

i dont think you sounds ungrateful at all

please keep talkin

no one wants to know
no one cares
those who do want to know,
  want to know so they can use it against me
hurt, pain, anger, destruction, death and hatred, the story of my life
all i hope for is some one i can love trust and believe loves and cares for me and wants whats best for me
Dragonfly
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:52:11 PM »

Don't feel ashamed. It's a big decision for anybody, but in your circumstances I understand why it's harder.

I'm sorry your parents don't understand  littlehug2

Do you have any pro support you could talk to about this?

Could you maybe write a list of pros and cons - it will at least help get it out of your head.

Sorry, not v helpful, but thinking of you. Keep posting on here - am listening xx

I see your true colours shining through
I see your true colours, that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colours, true colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow
Terrier
18+
Usually here

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »

Making a list sounds like a good idea, might help your get things clearer. Whatever just take your time, like you say its a huge decision, do whats best for you.  littlehug1

runningdog

Maybe Tomorrow.......
Bea
NSHN Moderator
Usually here

No day But Today.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »

Anon writes:

thanks for replying, I'm currently waiting for an appt through from CMHT.

I'm scared m going to do somthing stupid. My Sh is out of control at the moment. I find it very hard to talk to my parents about it. They don't understand. People are saying its not the best thing for me write now. But again. I can't decide. It's all going to fast. The pressure is huge.

There's nobody really who I can talk to thats on neither side, my friends etc don't want me to go, and my family are like goooo. It'll be ace. My family don't understand how I feel. I try not to let head stuff stop me. But I am not good at the moment, I've only just got out of bed, and it's nearly 4 pm. Dreams of suicide. Huge sadness that's just there.

And everywhere I turn, it's all about going to oz.

Lady Giraffe
5u2
18+
Usually here

I wish I could be normal

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:38:57 PM »

Hey.
I'm really sorry if I am making assumptions, or of this isn't what you want to hear.
But it sounds from what you're saying, like you dn't want to go.
I can see that you see all the positives etc. but if in your heart of hearts, you don't want to go and are scared of leaving behind your support networks, I would advise you to speak to your parents, because at the moment it seems like you would be really unhappy there. And if you think you will be unhappy, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy as you will be less inclined to go out and make friends and enjoy yourself.
Again, I am sorry if I am wrong! But I think it will be best for you to speak to your parents about staying. Either just you, to finish your studies opened go out later, or all of you.
It sounds awful, but you need to be selfish hun!
Hope it goes ok!
 littlehug2 littlehug2 littlehug2

xxxSuZyxxx
Bea
NSHN Moderator
Usually here

No day But Today.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »

Anon writes :

it depends how I'm feeling, I think it will be an amazing experience. And mum says if I don't like it Icahn come back. I don't think it'll be that easy?

Right now, I don't want to go. It petrifies me. The thought of being on the other side of the world. Somewhere I don't know, have never been...to just pick myself up and live its, well...scary!!

Lady Giraffe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: