NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Welcome to the NSHN Forums - members will find many more rooms accessible inside, so feel free to come and join us.
NSHN is a support site, a safe environment to help each other  understand the mechanisms resulting in self harm and cope with it and related problems. With this objective in mind, NSHN hopes to reduce the incidence and severity of any form of self harm and improve general awareness throughout the community.
Our membership includes those that self injure, their friends and family and other support groups.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 09:56:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing to lose **s/h**  (Read 4370 times)
Jeep
18+
Silver Member

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »

Hi bernie,
It sounds like you have life experience which would provide you with valuable skills for volunteering. And you must have done the best for your son, if he has turned out ok.
Hope you feel relaxed after being under the blanket for a few hours.  littlehug2

The sky isn't always blue. The sun doesn't always shine. So it's ok to fall apart sometimes
bernie
18+
Usually here

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2012, 01:54:12 PM »

just got an email for borough solicitor to say he was on a course Fri, as my email did not deliver. As he was supposed to send me the Council's witness statement on Friday when was he going to do it if he was on a course? Anyway. just seen a job for West Lancs Skem 18 hours. Have applied for it closing date today. They are aware of my circs re dismissal as I applied for a job a few months back. Didn't tick the dismissal bit though as don't know whether the council will change their mind if I don't go through with the Tribunal. Husb says it will be just like you to get a job (straight away) as he has been out of work for a year now give or take a few months in Asda  and working for the Banks. Feel quite positive though. Don't really want a job, but then again don't want to be moping about feeling sorry for myself and depressed and we need the money now as all the redundancy money has been spent.
bernie
18+
Usually here

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2012, 06:52:29 AM »

Feel sh** had about 3 hours sleep. Probably worrying about Thursday. Husband on a downer too as he has not had a proper job for over a year now and feels useless and depressed and is coming to me for advice/comfort! 
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2012, 08:19:15 AM »

that soundes great im happy for u how r u today
bernie
18+
Usually here

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »

Not sure what is great? I'm ok soldiering on. Was going to go to gp for meds today but she only works Tue and Thurs will go tommoroow. I like her and have not seen her for a couple of months. Doing ok on alcohol think I only had 1 bottle of wine this week any beer was very lo alc eg .08% am trying to go for not drinking anything this week but might be a bit stressed!!
bernie
18+
Usually here

« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »

I'm shattered. Sure I had about 6 hours sleep as well. Been to docs for meds asked her to put back up. Only taking 1/2 at the moment but may need to take full amt. care coordinator not happy dropped dose. Been trying to work out what I am going to ask council at tribunal on Thurs. Parrot has not shut up all afternoon so I have a headache. When I went to docs some old woman crunched her bmw into so else's car. I saw her do it and she saw me but she did not stop so I asked in the waiting room and had taken her number. Don't think it did my blood pressure any good! Saw my own gp she seems genuinely concerned. Thought all these Appeals were over once I was dismissed. Asked me how I am going to get a job with no reference!
Also one of the volunteers at moving on rang me to see if I wanted to see their counsellor as I have been waiting since November. Said it was ok as should be seeing them in the next month
bernie
18+
Usually here

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2012, 06:57:13 AM »

shattered again, only had a few hours sleep head banging. Going for acup and alcohol misuse counselling today. That will take about 3 hours. Should be looking at my case really but don't want to. Big day tommorrow. Well may look the part as I have not slept well this week. Had bad thoughts yesterday, only cause I can't cope with it all.
bernie
18+
Usually here

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »

been to acup ok. Went to alcohol misuse. wanted me to stay in alcohol group already in but it is about 16 people and and too big. Also all are recovering alcoholics been in rehab. alc counsellor good. went on about cbt and cc at cmht will expect me to not drink as cbt won't work if drinking. have been good this week only on lo alc shandy etc. not intending to drink!!Need to look at questions for tommorrow.
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »

hay dont worry im here to cumfurt u so im lisening i now its hard but itll get through
justine
18+
Usually here

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »

big hug

If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: