NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: New members: please note that all new applications are manually checked for member safety. It can take up to 24 hrs for new accounts to be approved. When approved you will be emailed with your activation link, and after you activate your account you can then post and see additional rooms. You must have a valid email address to receive your activation link.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2014, 05:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wish mum and Dad understand self harm  (Read 1101 times)
inspectorsoph
Haven Calmview
Usually here

« on: March 29, 2012, 06:32:25 AM »

They want to be onest about self harm but it upset them too much. They understand why someone wants to harm them selves. Been on section since last feb last year. Been very ill. They are starting except I'm ill but I wish I could openly talk about it to them. How can I make them understand how I feel without hurting there feelings. At first they blamed them selves and told me attendioned seeker.
justine
18+
Usually here

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:47:47 AM »

it can be really tough on parent, the reason being, they are probably wanting to help you, but not knowing how. Therefore they stumble around and do what they THINK is best. The fact that you self harm means that something is wrong. It's not the self harm that is necesarily upseting, it's the reason behind it. That reason is there, and they know it, whether you talk to them about it or not. If you don't, they may feel clueless about how to help you, and worry about you. If you do talk to them, and tell them everything that's going on, then they will have a better understanding, they can support you when you need it, and although it will be upsetting at first, they will learn to deal with it, and be happier knowing that they are supporting you.

If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new
angeldevil123
---- o18s
Usually here

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »

your parents need to be on your side to help you. explain to them you need help maybe they could think off less invasive ways to help you. For example punching a pillow/cushion/old duvet and talking to someone could be a way of dealing with it.

RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »

ya it is hard but dont worry u can get throu it just get hepl and talk to someone u trust  tiny dog
angeldevil123
---- o18s
Usually here

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »

yes talk to someone you trust a close friend, a close online friend someone you know really well

RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »

ya just be safe and dont worry u will get help  littlehug1
angeldevil123
---- o18s
Usually here

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »

just give everything time and don't worry

RIP Night Owl