Author Topic: Mental health jobs  (Read 3342 times)

Offline jokerlaw

• 18+
  • Usually here
Mental health jobs
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »
Hey I have a 2:1 law degree and currently studying for a masters in Law but want to get into the mental health side of things as a job/career/area of expertise. I know stuff about it with regards to the Mental Health Act and the Mental Capcity Act, but not sure how to get involved as not medically trained. Does anyone know how I can do this or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)
USE TO BE KGALAW

"I drink a fifth of vodka until its gone and if it feels so good then it can't be wrong"

Offline Gerard

• Administrator
  • Always here
  • Grumpologist
Re: Mental health jobs
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
Might depend on the job. Have you thought about what area you want to get into specifically?

Amongst other things

Offline jokerlaw

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:39:05 PM »
Well the legal side, maybe areas including consent to treatment. Also interested in the prison system
USE TO BE KGALAW

"I drink a fifth of vodka until its gone and if it feels so good then it can't be wrong"

Offline Gerard

• Administrator
  • Always here
  • Grumpologist
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
Do you know anyone working in the area? Might help if you were able to see what it's like.

Amongst other things

Offline jokerlaw

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
Not really... could ask one of my mums work collegues at the university. But do not have any direct links.
USE TO BE KGALAW