The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Welcome to The NSHN Forums - members have access to more rooms inside, so feel free to come and join us.
NSHN is a support site, a safe environment to help each other  understand the mechanisms resulting in self harm and cope with it and related problems. With this objective in mind, NSHN hopes to reduce the incidence and severity of any form of self harm and improve general awareness throughout the community.
Our membership includes those that self injure, their friends and family and other support groups.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 02, 2014, 07:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: should i? or shouldn't i?  (Read 668 times)
bluejon91
18+
Silver Member

« on: April 10, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »

I have asked this question before but not really got an answer so i think that it was unrelated to the area it was in which is why am going to post this question here.

my mum knows i self harm but thinks it has happened in my sleep

should i be honest and tell her the real truth even though i would rather stick to the lie
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 07:50:02 AM »

im like u i want to tell my mom but i raly dont at the same time like last night i couldent sleep and i cut my self realy bad so if i dont tell my mom she will find out later in time so i realy want to tell but im afread what will happen  littlehug1
ange
First posts

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »

Speaking as a mum, i think you should try and be honest with her. She will want to help you and it's harder for her to do that if she only knows half of what's happening. She will still love you and will be proud of you that you have opened up to her.
bluejon91
18+
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »

thanks i think she already knows but is waiting for me to say and i feel if she finds out the truth then am not the one who has the power as i would rather not say anything or tell her rather than it be found out. The only problem is when i go to talk about it i cant say much other than yes, no and i'm fine
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »

hay how is she im here dont give up your doing the right thing for her  littlehug1
shortcake74
First posts

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »

Hey Smiley
As a mum myself, I would want you to tell me rather than find out another way. I understand that it is not easy but once you tell her she will be able to support and help you, this does not necessarily mean that you will lose control of things, believe me I do not feel in control of my daughters SH at all! I found out about my daughter by seeing her marks and what upset me the most was feeling that she felt she couldnt tell me. Obviously I dont know your mum but I'm sure she will appreciate your honesty and bravery in telling her.
Here if you want to talk  Wink
bluejon91
18+
Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 11:09:29 PM »

well am going to not say anything from now until all my studies are over so i can just get my head around all of them. but if I do SH for any reason from now until the end i will say something. Seems stupid I know
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »

dont hurt your self your worth it  littlehug1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: