The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Welcome to The NSHN Forums - members have access to more rooms inside, so feel free to come and join us.
NSHN is a support site, a safe environment to help each other  understand the mechanisms resulting in self harm and cope with it and related problems. With this objective in mind, NSHN hopes to reduce the incidence and severity of any form of self harm and improve general awareness throughout the community.
Our membership includes those that self injure, their friends and family and other support groups.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 23, 2014, 12:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How deep does it have to be? TRIG SH  (Read 1831 times)
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 08:49:32 AM »

hay how r u today
Dragonfly
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 09:00:53 AM »

Hi Greenday.

not bad thank you. Few mini wobbles but being determined not to let the negative thoughts take over. Having lunch with a friend which I'm looking forward to as they're a very gentle, warm person and relaxing to be with.

I hope you're doing something nice today too.

littlehug2 littlehug2

I see your true colours shining through
I see your true colours, that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colours, true colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow
Jeep
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »

Hi Dragonfly,
I hope you had a nice lunch with your friend today.
It was good to hear the birds singing, I think I've turned into a bit of a twitter! Good to hear country sounds instead of voices and traffic.
Glad you have not sh again, well done Grin

I understand why you felt like your return to work was being forced on you, but as you say you had already planned on returning sooner. It is great that they are offering you a phased return, which should hopefully make it more manageable. I think we all feel guilty for taking time off work (well I certainly do) so don't be hard on yourself  littlehug2

Great news that you've had information about cbt and I'll definitely be keeping my fingers/toes/legs/arms crossed for a short waiting time for you  littlehug1

The sky isn't always blue. The sun doesn't always shine. So it's ok to fall apart sometimes
Lily Kym
18+
Always here

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »

littlehug2 littlehug2 littlehug2 littlehug2 littlehug2
PrettyLittleLie
18+
Usually here

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 07:39:53 PM »

Glad you are doing a little be :hug2:tter. Stay positive and stay strong. You can do this. I hope you don't have too wait too long for cbt . Hugs

- Ellie
Dragonfly
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »

Thanks everyone, your replies really mean a lot   big hug

Am trying to focus on the positive stuff, without overloading myself.

Had a lovely day out yesterday, despite the rain. Went to a gorgeous dingle, all leafy and zingy green and the water rushing down the bursting stream was making the best sounds. We found a few of the early season craneflies we were looking for which is always nice, and the place where we had lunch is gorgeous. The friend I was with lost his Mum to cancer a year ago in a few weeks time. We've been sort of propping each other up during that time, and I have found I can strart to open up a bit, although he doesn't know about my sh. When his Mum passed away I obviously offered to do anything I could to help. The thing he found most helpful was that having lost my dad when I was very young was that I understood that sometimes you just want to be with someone, not talking, not trying to actively take your mind off something, not anything really, just being but not feeling alone. Over the year we've spent a fair amount of time just drinking tea and watching the world. While I've been in this depressive episode he's returned the favour and just typing this has made me realise just how incredibly lucky I am for that.

Jeep I think you're totally right. I love people, I really do they're amazing - just look at all you incredible folks on here. But sometimes I find them too much. It's stressful and can be tense and difficult, and modern life can bring quite a lot of pressure. In the countryside I feel like the pressure goes, and I can just be 'natural' me, and I feel more connected. It gives me a real boost. Glad you can get that benefit too  littlehug2

Hope everyone has a lovely day xx

Like a rainbow
Jeep
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »

Hiya dragonfly, how are you doing!

It's great that you have supportive friend and well done for starting to open up to him, it is such a good and brave thing to do  littlehug2

I hope you have managed to get outdoors despite the rain

The sky isn't always blue. The sun doesn't always shine. So it's ok to fall apart sometimes
Dragonfly
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 01:09:40 PM »

Hi Jeep,

Am okay thanks. Was poorly last night Sad not fun, and for some reason throwing up always seems to trigger a panic attack in me, but I managed to sit it out and get to sleep. I camped on the sofa bed in the lounge (downstairs bathroom!). Feeling a bit more with it now, managed to have some breakfast so just going to potter today.

Hiya dragonfly, how are you doing!

It's great that you have supportive friend and well done for starting to open up to him, it is such a good and brave thing to do  littlehug2

I hope you have managed to get outdoors despite the rain

Yeah, you're so right about that. I have learnt that it is good to open up and I've found it easier with pros because I guess they're strangers, but I've been trying hard to let people in in real life too. Even if I can't tell them everything, just a bit helps. I think it helps to build stronger friendships too. I guess it just takes time to build trust and confidence. There's a lovely girl at work who just tells everyone pretty much everything! I find it almost shocking, and I don't know how she can do it. That's maybe too far the other way though - I don't think everyone wants to know!

is dry here today so gonna try to get out for a short walk once my legs are less wobbly!!

Hope you're doing okay? xx
 littlehug2 littlehug2

Like a rainbow
Dragonfly
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 01:10:43 PM »

Oops - I can't work the quote thing!!  Roll Eyes

Like a rainbow
Jeep
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »

Hiya dragonfly,

Oh it's rubbish feeling poorly. littlehug1 I hope your jelly legs recovered enough to get outdoors.

It was great weather here.....20c and bright blue skies

Take care  littlehug2 and I hope you are feeling up to speed soon

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: