The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Privacy - if you don't want your email address seen on your posts on the public boards, please remember to tick the 'hide email address' box in your profile.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 02, 2014, 07:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Struggling with mine and friends' mental health  (Read 328 times)
Hullaballo
First posts

« on: March 17, 2012, 05:53:44 AM »

We were best friends but now are together. We both have mental health issues and both help eachother a lot. She finds it very difficult to talk at the moment but she writes and we still have normal conversations, just inaudible. She doesn't know the extent of the difficulties I have had and I don't particularly want her to because I want to protect her. I just want to be there for her and care for her as much as humanly possible, and I know that I do help her, but I have to pretend everything is OK when I am hearing voices or seeing scary things. Just being with her helps me really, but I am scared I'll have a panic attack in front of her or something. Not sure what to do because I just want to help her but find it difficult when I see things all the time.
Bea
NSHN Moderator & CG Member
Usually here

No day But Today.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »

Hey  littlehug2 you sound a very supportive partner.  Smiley

Do you have any professional help - either of you?  As it sounds like you could use someone to talk to yourself?  You can only really be strong for her, if you are functioning properly, and it sounds as though you are struggling with this at the moment.

Keep talking to us  littlehug1

invisiblyyyT  *jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.
justine
18+
Usually here

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »

+1 to what Bea said. It sounds really good that you help each other so much. Just make sure you get support too, be it from her or from someone else. Perhaps you could be more open with her? Tell her whats going on but be lighthearted about it perhaps? It's better to tell her your problems than panic in front of her when she belives you never have problems

If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new
Dragonfly
18+
Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 03:00:14 AM »

Hi Hullaballo,

Firstly, she is so lucky to ahve someone so caring and supportive as you. +1 to Bea and Justine - in order to help her you must take care of yourself. You know her, so it's your judgement, but do you think perhaps telling her at least a bit may help to make your relationship more solid? Have a think, but do please look after yourself as well as her, for both of you Smiley

Good wishes xx

I see your true colours shining through
I see your true colours, that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colours, true colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow
Hullaballo
First posts

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 10:06:22 PM »

Thankyou everybody, for being so supportive. Unfortunately it turns out she wanted me to stop being depressed and wanted to make me happy. I started to be better than I have been for months and now we just remain as affectionate friends. It hurts a lot but I want to continue helping her, as I know I have done, as she now communicates and talks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: