The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Privacy - if you don't want your email address seen on your posts on the public boards, please remember to tick the 'hide email address' box in your profile.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 01, 2014, 11:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems. With a friend  (Read 998 times)
bluejon91
18+
Silver Member

« on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:23 AM »

Hope this is in the right section but am having problems with a friend and am unsure what to do.

They know about my shoulder not there solution to the problem is them saying there gonna start next I keep telling them not to be also how easy it is to stop because others available. What can I say that will make them understand more.
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »

start being nice to them and sit down and talk to them  Grin big hug
justine
18+
Usually here

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 09:22:20 AM »

Explain to them that although you hurt yourself, it's not a good thing, there is something wrong with you, and you are trying to stop. They shouldn't start, as they are ok.

Please note I'm not saying there is something wrong with you, it's just an easier way to tell a friend that you ahve problems that cause the self harm. Hense the problems are whats wrong, but if you say that they will just say they have problems.

If they do start, know that it is entirely their choice. You know why you self harm, it's your own problem, not like you go round advertising to your friend to start. So if they do, that is their own choice, not your fault  big hug

If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new
bluejon91
18+
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »

thanks and i try all that but now i know if she does it her choice and not my fault thanks for the advice
justine
18+
Usually here

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »

good, like i said, don't blame yourself if your friend does x

If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

bluejon91
18+
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »

she is becoming increasingly hard to deal with she still keeps up this thing of if you wanted to stop you would.

and one day i cut myself unintentionally I just itched my hand a bit to hard and left a small scratch but she was saying how its SH but i disagreed because it was unintentional I will seriously drop kick in the face if she questions every single cut I ever get. I wish I never told her and now am not gonna tell her any more times because she is no help.

so if i do cut myself as i said is it self harm or just a simple cut i mean i caused it but it werent my intention
greenday
Usually here

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »

do it and say its all overe nad u can be happy swirlguin
justine
18+
Usually here

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »

Don't worry your right. Self harm is mostly about intention. If you scratched too hard because it was itchy = not self harm, but if you scratched too much it can de classed as self harm, but really it depends on the circumstances. You would know best anyway.

some people just don't understand. I think I get why you can't stop, or at least some general gist of it. Guess its hard to understand if you havent really been there yourself.

greenday
Usually here

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »

i now self harm is hard to deal with but try to be happy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: