Author Topic: massage for scars?  (Read 7237 times)

Offline barbm

• 18+
  • First posts
massage for scars?
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »
Hi i recently  went for a sports massage and was asked the inevitable question of what happened. when i got home i Googled to find out if her question was relevant and ended up discovering massage can break down and improve the appearance of scar tissue. im amazed to find that out and wondered if any one has tried massage to treat their scars and how sucessful it was ?

Offline greenday

• Usually here
Re: massage for scars?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
i never tryed it but it should be interesting if it works.

Offline barbm

• 18+
  • First posts
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »
Yeah am really suprised ive never heard of it as an option before. heard plenty of other suggestions but  not that.  I ended up asking the advice of a massage therapist I know as she teaches classes at my gym and she confirmed it for me.   lol, the only problem was I couldnt so much as look at her the next class of hers I was in...watched her through the mirror. Ended up annoyed at myself for the feeling of shame especailly since I hadnt even said what I had scars from!!

Has got to be worth a shot, just wish I knew the right techniques

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 09:22:41 AM »
hay i now another way to help stop i some times get fake tattoes and it helps me beacause it makes me happyer :friday: :superman:

Offline howling

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »
like your idea greenday! as a woman who has had children i was aware that massage is beneficial if we get stretch marks which look quite similar to our type of scars and there are different creams on the market available like bio oil, it works for some and it does take committment to keep on. wont get rid of them but does help stop them looking so fierce
" You cannot do a kindness too soon,for you never know how soon it will be too late."

Offline Reeta

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Faulty genes
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
*wishes her scars looked like stretch marks*

Bio oil is good, but even just e45 does a great job as its about the rubbing/ massaging breaking down cells and encouraging repair etc.

So if you dont have the money for expensive things like bio oil, poundshop moisturiser does just as well, but it might not have such an obvious effect on the surface so quickly and it might take longer.

Offline barbm

• 18+
  • First posts
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »
have a massage again at the end of the month. A slightly more scary one as its the instructor at my gym. shes doing dome free ones as shes training in massage. lol was easier going to a stranger, but at the same time i t bugs me when i feel ashamed of my scars. She is the one I got the confirmation form that it can break down scar tissue....so going to try and be brave and bite the bullet and ask her for tips on how to massage the area when I go.

Offline howling

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
thats brilliant, welldone you. im sure she will be happy to help and show you, keep us updated, xx
" You cannot do a kindness too soon,for you never know how soon it will be too late."

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »

TRy massaginf Bio Oil in to your scars morning and night or whenever you remember and youll notice the difference

Hash

Offline Sparkle

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Girl you just can't dance forever
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »
Someone I know had a lot of scarring and her doctor told her to take an empty roll-on deodorant, take the ball bit off and really wash it out well. Then to use that to massage her scars as you can get quite a lot of pressure / movement without having to work too hard. Her scars were in a hard to reach area and she had mobility problemsshe said it was amazing, and felt really good too.

I haven't actually tried it. I keep meaning to though
•  The Original Sink Fairy  •  The Sparkly One   •  The Jangly Turtle  •