The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Welcome to The NSHN Forums - members have access to more rooms inside, so feel free to come and join us.
NSHN is a support site, a safe environment to help each other  understand the mechanisms resulting in self harm and cope with it and related problems. With this objective in mind, NSHN hopes to reduce the incidence and severity of any form of self harm and improve general awareness throughout the community.
Our membership includes those that self injure, their friends and family and other support groups.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 28, 2014, 11:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: worried mum :-( *Trig SH SUI*  (Read 1154 times)
sarah n
First posts

« on: November 24, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »

I dont really know where to start on here but i have a 15 year old daughter who has been self harming since last october  Sad she has a school support worker and we go to counselling . she seems to be worse around the time of her month and this month has been the worst , i thought they were going to take her into hospital as she did nt care and was talking about suicide  Sad at the moment she is having a sleeping pill before bed . Yesterday was a good day but im so scared for her .
brighteyes
18+
Usually here

to die would be the next great adventure

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »

Hi and welcome, littlehug1 sorry things are so hard for you atm, do you have any support for you or anyone you can talk to littlehug1 xx

behind closed doors, all is not what it seems,
you only have to realise with one look at me.
to see things that you didnt first see,
like the person i once was-i use to be.
behind closed doors is where it will remain,
now her sanity is gone she is no longer sane.

last od 5/11/11
sarah n
First posts

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

hi x thank u for your concern about me but am trying to understand and help her any way i can its heartbreaking  Sad have read so much on here it is really helpfull to me to not feel like we are the only ones struggling  x hope you are ok x
brighteyes
18+
Usually here

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 08:42:36 PM »

littlehug1 its ok I imagine its really hard for you (I was 15 when I started shing n must have put my mum through hell), does your daughter talk to you about how she's feeling, does she think the counselling is helping littlehug1 xx

last od 5/11/11
sarah n
First posts

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 09:17:19 PM »

yeah she does talk to me but i started to get angry last couple of time as she did nt talk to me and had told her whatever just hug me and i would drop everything and we would try and get through it together but am understanding it is not that easy  Sad the councelling is ok but think the school worker is getting on better with her x how many years have you x
brighteyes
18+
Usually here

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »

littlehug1 glad they school worker is helping, could you maybe write her a note just saying your there if she needs to talk littlehug1 she might not want to upset you, has she seen her gp, sorry probs not what you want to hear but started when I was 15 n still shing now 23, I did stop for 2 years when I was 18 but have had a few mh problems, but doesn't mean your daughter will keep shing, is there any sh help in your area? When I was younger I use to see someone from the butterfly group a service for shing teenage girls one to one work to try to find sh distractions that work for you instead of shing, littlehug1 I don't know if that's in every area but might be worth looking into xx

last od 5/11/11
sarah n
First posts

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »

thanks x i will look into seeing if there is a group ! the doctor referred her to the councellors and a gp has been seeing her there too but anti depresents made her feel worse and she seems to come out feeling worse  Sad the school support worker is getting on much better with her and he sat in at councelling yest ! sorry to hear that you feel the need 8 years on x
brighteyes
18+
Usually here

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »

littlehug1 the ant depressants aren't recommened for under 18 as more likely to make them feel worse, you sound like your doing all the right things littlehug1 hopefully things will start to improve for her soon littlehug1 have yu read the three cs on this topic its a really good thread, its not too bad I'm slowly getting better thanks littlehug1 xx

last od 5/11/11
sarah n
First posts

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 11:46:22 PM »

bless you x yeah have read the three Cs ! Sad she is asleep i have layed with her the past four nights till she is think that makes her feel safe bless her ! x thank u littlehug1
rainbow
18+
Usually here

This Too Shall Pass!

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 08:53:34 AM »

I just want to say, you are being so supportive to your daughtor! littlehug2

Better than my parents were/are.

Xxx

With Love. x
Justice For Giraffes
How's it going today wee Mary? Wink
"Ive been to the year 3000.. Not much has changed but Freddo's are 40.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: