The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: New members: please note that all new applications are manually checked for member safety. It can take up to 24 hrs for new accounts to be approved. When approved you will be emailed with your activation link, and after you activate your account you can then post and see additional rooms. You must have a valid email address to receive your activation link.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 27, 2014, 10:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: worried  (Read 595 times)
confused_anxious
18+
Usually here

« on: May 18, 2011, 01:16:09 AM »

hey,
Not sure if this is the right room for this....
I'm just concerned about my bf, he was prescribed "major tranqulizers" yesterday (sorry im not sure which one) but I've been reading about them generally online and they sound a bit scary...
I was just wondering what side effects anyone may have had on them? and how helpful they were?
I don't really understand why he's been up on them because as far as im aware he's not had any pyscosis (i really cant spell) was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
I guess i have plenty of experience with ADs, but these just sound much more scary and serious...
Thanks
C_a

Nightowl
18+
Usually here

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:24:52 AM »

I have never had any psychosis but have been on a couple of these type of medications for anxiety/intrusive thoughts/agitation.

I am fortunate and I did not experience any side effects, except that for a while I did not sleep if I missed a dose, but that did pass.

They did help me, along with therapy, and I have been off them for over 6 months now.

When you feel like letting go, hold on.

Courage does not always roar.
Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow".

Maryanne Radanbacher

Last od 22/05/2012
Last sh 10/05/2012
Last drink 14/04/2012
confused_anxious
18+
Usually here

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:46:22 AM »

ok, that makes them sound less scary thanks.
I'm still not sure why hes on them, im much more anxious than him, but i guess perhaps hes not telling me something cos he knows ill worry.... lol

Thanks, thats helped ease my worry a little

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: