NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: New members: please note that all new applications are manually checked for member safety. It can take up to 24 hrs for new accounts to be approved. When approved you will be emailed with your activation link, and after you activate your account you can then post and see additional rooms. You must have a valid email address to receive your activation link.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2014, 05:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get them to understand? May Trig  (Read 653 times)
ebony20
18+
Gold Member

« on: May 04, 2011, 10:34:29 PM »

I haven't used this site for a while as I have been sh free-ish for two years but I need advice as my 10 year old nephew has admitted to sh and that he has been doing it for over a year (he recently hacked off his hair as well which scared me totally). I knew he was being bullied and he has told me he is stressed and frustrated, but i can't get it through to his parents how serious it is. The school is also not helping as they are sitting him next to the bully and not really taking his concerns seriously. I don't know what to do as I can see he is heading the way i went and I don't want him to, I want him to be the bright boy he is hiding inside.

Please give me some advice as I am scared for him and im lost at what more i can do. Cry

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?
---
To die, to sleep; To sleep! perchance to dream---
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,

hamlet, A3/S1
diamondwithaflaw
18+
Usually here

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »

I think with the school, his parents should complain to the headteacher in writing, and request a meeting, they should copy their local education authority into the letter with the view to escalating their concerns to them if they are not satisfied with the school response. Many schools have a bullying policy they are supposed to follow, that should be on their website, point their policy out to them in the letter, it was enough for me to stop my daughter's bullying. Hope it helps.
billy
18+
Usually here

save a life love an emo kid!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:07:28 AM »

littlehug1 just be there for him there is not much more u can do. Maby try and get him someone 2 talk 2.

"evrything can be recycled except time!"

"evrything will be ok in the end
if its not ok
its not the end!"

"remember when we were YOUNG and couldn't wait to grow up? ...WOW, what the hell were we thinking!?!?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: