The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Welcome to The NSHN Forums - members have access to more rooms inside, so feel free to come and join us.
NSHN is a support site, a safe environment to help each other  understand the mechanisms resulting in self harm and cope with it and related problems. With this objective in mind, NSHN hopes to reduce the incidence and severity of any form of self harm and improve general awareness throughout the community.
Our membership includes those that self injure, their friends and family and other support groups.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2014, 06:44:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friend with depression not SH related  (Read 606 times)
Tigger
18+
Gold Member

Tigger has lost the bounce

« on: April 01, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »

I have a friend who has been recently diagnosed with depression. I'm normally on the other side of this im normally depressed and SHing so i should know how to help her except i don't as it is a new sensation being on the other side of the fence. How can i help her i know she is drowning quickly she has seen a doc and has been reffered for counselling but i know that takes a long time. I text her everyday and have been encouraqging her to get u and get going and listening to her but any other ideas or experiences that could help me would be great to help me be as good a support to her as others have been to me. 

Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12
secretsmile
Haven
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »

Can't reply properly hun, but I'm sure she appreciates you and your efforts and they willl mean a lot to her. Take care x

That which does not kill us makes us stronger
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: