The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: New members: please note that all new applications are manually checked for member safety. It can take up to 24 hrs for new accounts to be approved. When approved you will be emailed with your activation link, and after you activate your account you can then post and see additional rooms. You must have a valid email address to receive your activation link.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 28, 2014, 01:14:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your friend needs you now more than ever  (Read 1052 times)
JenJen6
« on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:52 PM »

I'm a close friend of a self harmer, and as you will all know there are good days and bad, today for me is good Smiley
After spending the day with her, talking to her, holding her... i feel like we are getting somewhere, ready to open up
So i wanted to pass this hope on to people who may need to provide it for others
I know that it can be tough at times, there are times when you want nothing more than to never leave their side and make sure they are okay
But i guess my message to everyone is it is tough watching someone you love going through everything they do, but its now more than ever they need you
And when they do let you in and accept that you're there to stay... the closeness you can experience can't be explained
Although its hard to be normal at first, remember that they are the same person you knew before, nothing has changed, you just know a bit more about them

Keep strong, don't judge and listen <3
x
Bea
NSHN Moderator
Usually here

No day But Today.

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »

Your friend is very lucky to have you Smiley

Don't forget that you need to look after yourself as well - you need to be able to offload on someone and to take care of your own emotional wellbeing.  And, at the end of the day, what ever the outcomes are for your friend - they are their decisions, theirs alone - you bear no responsibility for their actions whatsoever.

You are always welcome to offload on here - people will be happy to help support you. 

Keep posting  littlehug2

invisiblyyyT  *jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.
mercy
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:17:04 PM »

That really helps! thank you  stars
terrified heart
18+
Usually here

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 07:55:46 PM »

You sound like a really lovely friend  littlehug2
xx

See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: