NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: New members: please note that all new applications are manually checked for member safety. It can take up to 24 hrs for new accounts to be approved. When approved you will be emailed with your activation link, and after you activate your account you can then post and see additional rooms. You must have a valid email address to receive your activation link.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2014, 12:16:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do so many people suffer so much?  (Read 1216 times)
lizzy
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:57:33 PM »

This forum is a huge support to us all, but sometimes when i read post in the crisis room or the here and now room I wonder why so many people are suffering so much?

Has it always been like this and because we have an easy way to communicate we know so much more about what was hidden?

Or

Is society just getting to much to handle for many of us?
secretsmile
Haven
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »

Trig..

I read this and the first thing I was going to wright would not be positve at all.. But basically I am a person who thinks the world is a crap place to be in, yes there are many many amazing and beautiful things but there are also devestating events and evil people.  I just think why... Why is there so much badness and unhappiness.. I could go on forever.. Sorry if I upset anybody. Sad

That which does not kill us makes us stronger
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Donna21
18+
Usually here

Let me be free, can't you see inside I'm dying.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:27:20 AM »

I guess human suffering has always been there but its just that now people are more open about it for many different reasons. Obviously being on this type of forum is going to bring suffering to the fore, and that it seems overwhelming at times at just how many people are suffering but that is the point of the forum to provide support to those that are. I guess watching the news brings out more suffering but then there are also very good things that happen in the world its just it seems we have to dig deep, which is sad x

"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, that the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had"

emilysdad
Usually here

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:54:20 AM »

When Em was first admitted to a secure unit for her own safety after an incident, the senior psyche talked to us all and asked me what I would want for Emily in her future and I said predictably that I would want her to be happy in her life and he queried that by asking are you happy every day? Of course the answer was actually no. The aim to strive for is to be contented in life even through it's ups and downs. Life here in this country especially is neither inherently bad or good - we try to find a personal balance where we can find contenment in our own lives.

Stay safe and never give up hope of a better future.   
http://www.childline.org.uk/talk/Pages/Talk.aspx
poppyf
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 11:19:44 AM »

On the MIND site I found this relating to sui

*Sui' rates for both men and women have varied over the last 30 years, however. Between 1975 and 1990, the rate increased for men but decreased for women whereas between 1990 and 1997 rates decreased for both men and women. [6] Between 1997 and 1999, there were some increases in overall numbers of sui', and since 2000 the numbers have gone down for men but have remained fairly stable for women. [7]

There is a 50 year recording of this and Sh and sui seems to have increased with the research I have read. There is more of a need now, to be successful or well dressed or good looking or intelligent. If we fall down at any of these hurdles we are left to struggle. Our society demands too high an expectation on us . It is time we addressed the problems. There is a campaign on anti stigma and they have a website which you can make a blog .

I am unsure if by encouraging websites like this is beneficial to stop sh but it is invaluable to offering support through times of loneliness and low self esteem.
Places like this are an encouragement to make , me personally, feel as though I belong in this life and not such a freak

lizzy
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »

Thanks for your thoughts. This world is a complex place with good and bad experiences and outcomes.

I agree that places like this forum which is so supportive are a good idea,
(it's a shame that not all Sh web-sites aren't as positive), Since my daughter has been sh-ing and needed support from professionals as well as her family I have thought alot about things and the nature of bad things happening to good people.
I also know bad things happen to bad people but it seems extra perplexing when bad stuff happens to those you love.

However, I still try to see the good in the situation we find ourselves in, she is in the right place to get the help she needs and and make progress towards managing her thoughts and moods to become happier.
poppyf
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 01:17:58 PM »

Had to send you a hug lizzie  big hug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: