The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: New members: please note that all new applications are manually checked for member safety. It can take up to 24 hrs for new accounts to be approved. When approved you will be emailed with your activation link, and after you activate your account you can then post and see additional rooms. You must have a valid email address to receive your activation link.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 22, 2014, 04:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: angry with so called professionals (just letting off steam)  (Read 1336 times)
loudecreme
« on: March 24, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »

Ok, how much more pain and upset does my daughter have to suffer/cause before anyone takes my concerns seriously?  She is very open about her SH with her social worker but that is where the support ends.  She smashed her room up a couple of nights ago and was very abusive to her Dad, Brother, and Me and then she broke down sobbing hysterically and admitted that she had cut (I do not know the reason why she cut) and was angry with herself for doing it which is why she smashed up her room etc.  She has these rages from time to time and she can not explain why she gets so angry. 

No-one seems to want to help though.  GP refuses to see she has a problem and social worker says its the teenager in her. CAMHS were rubbish and she refuses to see a counsellor now after feeling let down by CAHMS. I think my GP thinks I am over-reacting and that's why he won't offer any extra support.  I do not want to give my daughter a label but I think she may have BPD (extensive research on the internet) and when I have expressed my views that she may have a mental health issue he just shrugs and says that she would ask for help if she needed it!!  I found out my daughter was sexually active so I discussed contraception with her and we agreed on her going on the pill but she refused to see the GP for this as she knew he would ask her too many intrusive questions.  She is 15 and the GP keeps telling me that she is an adult and has to make her own choices!! 

Will keep fighting for the help she deserves but until she gets it then 

Sorry, just needed to vent banghead
billy
18+
Usually here

save a life love an emo kid!

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »

big hug

i know the GPs dont seem to listen, have u tryed ur daughters school?

big hug sorry thats no help  big hug

hear to listen well read  big hug

"evrything can be recycled except time!"

"evrything will be ok in the end
if its not ok
its not the end!"

"remember when we were YOUNG and couldn't wait to grow up? ...WOW, what the hell were we thinking!?!?"
loudecreme
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:46:12 PM »

Sadly her school were making matters worse by saying she was a trouble causer!!! I have taken her out of that school and she now attends a placement instead.  This is just another huge concern for me as she is not getting an education as such.  **blows steam from her ears, and mouth**  Just soooooooo frustrating  banghead 
billy
18+
Usually here

save a life love an emo kid!

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:49:12 PM »

big hug littlehug1 littlehug2 big hug

im sorry the school are being so rubbish

how r u today?

"evrything can be recycled except time!"

"evrything will be ok in the end
if its not ok
its not the end!"

"remember when we were YOUNG and couldn't wait to grow up? ...WOW, what the hell were we thinking!?!?"
Donna21
18+
Usually here

Let me be free, can't you see inside I'm dying.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »

Hi there I know that it must be so very frustrating that no on is listening to you I went through the same thing from age 12 to 18 before I got proper help even though I was asking for it. The from 18 to 23 before I got the correct treatment. So I cant imagine how the parents feel. I have BPD and they wont usually diagnose this till the person is 18 as they consider the personality is developing and changing too much before that age. All I can say is keep on and on even if it means changing doctors. Have you tried social services ? Sorry if this isnt very helpful information just wanted to let you know there is support here x

"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, that the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had"

emilysdad
Usually here

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 08:51:04 PM »

Loudcreme,
It sounds like your GP is not the greatest, can you transfer to another surgery maybe with a female GP? I'm sorry you felt that you local area CAMHs were rubbish but remember your daughter has to give a little too for them to be allowed engage with her. Don't give up! Your daughter has a right to help and you must pursue the options open to her.
On a personal note I would report the GP to the General Medical Council for suggesting "She is 15 and the GP keeps telling me that she is an adult and has to make her own choices!!"  f******g bullsh**, she is a child and should be protected.

Stay safe and never give up hope of a better future.   
http://www.childline.org.uk/talk/Pages/Talk.aspx
lizzy
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »

Keep going!

Initally our daoctor was great, then we were passed on to another doctor in the practice who had more experience of self harm. She has been hopeless with my daughter describing alot of her behaviour 'as just being a teenager'. But we kept turning up and eventually we were refered.
You will get the support you need. I had to keep very politely phoning our CAHMS team to get the support my daughter needed which speeded things up by several weeks. They have been fantastic and I feel very lucky. Even when my daughter has been difficult they have kept working with her and have supported me when I have felt the strain. Her school, again were not too supportive to begin with -' being a teenager ' to begin with but now as things progress are being very helpful.

You know your daughter the best and you know what she needs. I know it's hard but we all have to fight for what is needed.Good Luck . rainbow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: