The NSHN Forum

Back to NSHN Mainsite   
News: Welcome to The NSHN Forums - members have access to more rooms inside, so feel free to come and join us.
NSHN is a support site, a safe environment to help each other  understand the mechanisms resulting in self harm and cope with it and related problems. With this objective in mind, NSHN hopes to reduce the incidence and severity of any form of self harm and improve general awareness throughout the community.
Our membership includes those that self injure, their friends and family and other support groups.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 26, 2014, 02:54:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NSHN Research - Experiences in A&E, with the CMHT ect *trig*  (Read 56747 times)
Nightowl
18+
Usually here

« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2011, 10:35:41 AM »

Had an experience in A & E yesterday that was oddly funny in a very unfunny world.

I had od'd and when I arrived at A & E was sat in the middle of the department rather than given a cubicle.  People came and went and cubicles were empty but I was just sat there and nobody came to see me.

After a while a man was sat next to me and nobody came to see him either.  We, well he really chatted a bit, and then after a while he asked me could he be nosey and asked if I had od'd.  I was wondering if I had it tatooed on my forehead.  And he was telling me about waiting 4 hours to take the blood test and I though he knows as much as I do about od's.  Turns out he had od'd too.  He said I bet it's not your first time, and I said no, and he said if it was you'd have been put in a cubicle, sad but most likely true.

Anyway, like I say, it wasn't a funny situation to be in, but the conversation kind of made me smile.

When you feel like letting go, hold on.

Courage does not always roar.
Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow".

Maryanne Radanbacher

Last od 22/05/2012
Last sh 10/05/2012
Last drink 14/04/2012
Born Again Woman
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2012, 02:12:01 AM »

I must be lucky then for the A&E staff have always been supportive.
Even though I always have to see someone from the MH team before they decide either MH hospital or home.

Had a number of very bad experiences but neveraround SH.
One example is that I was on a general ward & being specialled by agency staff member.
She left room & spoke to another agency staff.
I heard her discriminate transphobically about me as she told her friend that I was a 'male'.
I was livid when she returned & she could tell.
Asked what was wrong.
When she confirmed what she had said, I told her to get out of my room & that I wished to speak to either the sister or staff member in charge.
Agency staff said that she has to keep an eye on me.
I told her to sit at nursing area as she could still see me & I did not want her near me.

Staff came & spoke to me about what happend & appologised, saying that it was wrong.
Agency staff tried to appologise, but I told her I did not want her around me.
She ended her shift sitting outside my room observing me.

That hurt.
Have a few more examples I could tell, Even a wonderful one that happened at the same hospital by another agency staff on the same day before I got to that ward.
Lorien
18+
Usually here

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2013, 04:09:32 AM »

Couldnt find this the other day...often its sh*t at A&E but last time was +ve

All depends on who they are, but I do think attitudes are changing.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Jewel
18+
Usually here

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »

I've never really had a really bad experience at A&E.. they tend to just do their job and that's it, I've never had anyone be really nice to me or really horrible.. they just seem to get on with whatever they have to do and leave...

I have had bad experiences with the police ... they're awful.. I hadn't done anything wrong but the crisis team called the police because i was suicidal and he was horrible to me, telling me he had better things to do, and that he should be out chasing burglars.. i did point out it wasn't me that had called them and that i equally didn't want them there...

Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: