Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Here and Now Room / Re: Medication advice please
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 03:46:46 PM »
It must be frustrating being prescribed medication that hasn't worked that well in the past!
« Last post by Ginger on Yesterday at 03:33:18 PM »
Iíll have a go... thanks x
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 02:54:21 PM »
Could you explain that to the gp?
Here and Now Room / Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 02:52:59 PM »
I do so many activities because I am scared that I will stay in bed if I don't do so much! He did suggest reducing the meds but I was concerned that would send me high. He didn't suggest anything else.
« Last post by Ginger on Yesterday at 02:52:45 PM »
I canít take quetiapine - it absolutely knocks me out - full on zombie! And Iíve been given sertraline before also... thatís my issue: Iíve tried so many and not found any exceptionally useful. I feel I want to try something completely new but of course GPs have their favourites and citalopram seems to be one of them. I understand it appears to be a better one for results and tolerance (usually) but Iíd feel like I was taking it because thatís what Iím told to do rather than having any faith in it...
Here and Now Room / Re: Hey Iím back... still struggling
« Last post by Vermilion on Yesterday at 02:09:37 PM »
I'm not sure how to help but it might help if you post here about the traumatic stuff. :hug1: :hug2:
« Last post by Vermilion on Yesterday at 02:06:37 PM »
I've taken Citalopram and I didn't find it too helpful (and it made me fart a lot!).
 I've found Sertraline more helpful for anxiety but it doesn't do that much for the depression side but at least I've stopped waking up with panic attacks at night. The only trouble I get with Sertraline is that I sometimes get head zaps with it even if I'm taking it.
« Last post by Vermilion on Yesterday at 01:57:48 PM »
Did he suggest anything to help with the tiredness? Changes in diet/exercise etc? Could the tiredness be due to all of the activities that you do? I'd be knackered!
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 01:00:26 PM »
Give it a try. Different meds suit different people in different ways. Quetiapine made my moods rapid cycle and I put on a load of weight but I know other people with bipolar where it really helps you.
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 12:59:06 PM »
I will just have to put up with the tiredness and wanting to go to bed all the time. He also thinks my lack of emotions is due to the Asperger's. He said it can be normal to go numb with grief and feel nothing so I don't have to worry I haven't had an emotional response to my grandad dying. I think my meds are contributing to my tiredness but I don't think they are the only cause of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10