Author Topic: PTSD struggles *trig SA*  (Read 563 times)

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
Re: PTSD struggles *trig SA*
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2017, 11:36:45 PM »
Thanks Tucan you're very kind. I'm just struggling with all these emotions that are too painful and confusing so i push them away and struggle to force myself through the day and then the week to my days off when i can just stay in bed but life is passing me by.

HoundDog the horse is the only thing keeping me going i would have no forward direction without him but i know i struggling when even riding doesn't break through the anxiety cause normally its the only time i can fully concentrate on what I'm doing and gives my mind a break but this last week it's not been working as well.
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »
I hope the meds start to work soon. I really do. What is your horse called? What is he/she like? Bless you. I understand that feeling of life passing you by. Its not a nice feeling. You are doing your best going to work and trying so hard. I know that it is incredibly difficult for you but you are still achieving things.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were decievers ever'

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2017, 11:38:51 PM »
I actually have 2 but they don't actually belong to me i get them as part off my job. My main horse is a big 17.2 bay chunky warmblood and i have another one who has problems that we are trying to work through and he is a 16.2 grey warmblood. Training them gives me a purpose and usually the rest of the world melts away when i get into it. I know I'm having a bad day when i can't concentrate to ride or i lack patience.

My sleep is terrible this week i emailed my psychologist to ask for anything else i could do and she said if it doesn't improve soon she will refer me to a psychiatrist to look at my meds. I think they might base started to work yesterday i feel less depressed just really tired.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »
That is something if you are starting to feel better. Bless you. Your horses sound fab. I am not very good at horse riding I am going later on today.

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
 Im sure you are good. I do this for a living so it is a bit different for me horses are my whole life. Normally i love it but it's just a struggle right now. I know for a fact i would have fallen apart without them. I always call it pony therapy.

Psychologist today, i haven't done my homework much this week so it will be harder but i look forward to actually being honest about how i think and feel rather than hiding it all the time.
Last SH 18/02/12

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2017, 11:13:59 PM »
It is good when you can be honest. It feels good to be able to talk about all.the rubbish that is going on. I hope the pyschologist went ok for you.

Animals can take over your life. I hope it is something you are passionate about. I am happy that it helps you. There have been times when my job has helped me.

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2017, 09:29:40 AM »
Wow ADs are pretty awesome when they start working.  I dunno why i was so scared to take them. I feel almost like myself again, i hadn't realized deeply depressed i was and how ridiculously anxious i was until the worst of it was lifted for me. Thank god cause i couldn't of gone on like that much longer. Hopefully now i can work through my issues without drowning in them.  :yahoo:
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »
I'm pleased to hear that you're feeling better on them - they can work wonders  :)
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2017, 04:37:58 PM »
That is fantastic news. I am so happy that you are feeling better

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2017, 12:04:36 AM »
Thanks guys. I've been away from the site because i do find it triggering but I'm back again. This thread can be kicked now though please.  :lock11:
Last SH 18/02/12