Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Friends & Family / Re: 15 year old daugher not engaging with help
« Last post by Vermilion on Yesterday at 10:59:48 AM »
It sounds like you're doing everything that you can but things often get worse before they get better. For the holidays you could see if any MH charities have any groups she can attend or some might have counsellors she could see. See if they offer long term support too, the NHS MH services are not great so it's best to have other support too is possible.
Here and Now Room / Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Last post by Vermilion on Yesterday at 10:37:36 AM »
I'm glad that your CPN will support you for appointments, I've had trouble with Crapita too so the more support that you can get the better.

Just see what evenings are empty for you and volunteer for those evenings. It might be difficult to find stuff in the evening though. I think that some areas have really cheap fitness classes in the evenings, you can get discounts if you're on benefits so that might be worth a go too if you can find some local enough.

I'm glad you're coping OK.  :hug1:
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 08:31:23 AM »
Self harm is a difficult issue to deal with. You are doing well.
« Last post by mmej on July 18, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »
I understand that and respect her wishes. I guess I was wishing and expecting that after more than 6 months of counselling she would start to improve and she would feel less need to  self harm. I have already spoken to her counsellor but she will not divulge too much other than to tell me that my daughter seems is engaging well and tackling some issues (which I already know about). So I do not understand why the cutting seems to increase in quanity and frequency. My daughter is a very intelligent high achieving student and I cannot help but think that she may be skirting round the issues - though her counsellor does not seem to think so.

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone who has already and in advance for responding to my post. Your advice keeps me sane.
« Last post by Tucan on July 18, 2018, 08:11:31 PM »
It can be hard to engage with parents sometimes as you worry you are letting them down. do talk to her consellor about any concerns you may have.
Here and Now Room / Re: Iím ok, but....
« Last post by Tucan on July 18, 2018, 08:06:42 PM »
Hope it went well with your cpn. I seen mine today also. It's not nice being flat. I find the meds don't help with that either as they can make you emotionally numb. Depression also sucks, even mild depression can knock you off your feet.
Here and Now Room / Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Last post by Tucan on July 18, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »
Cpn was happy with how I was coping. She wants to come with me.if I have any more appointments with dwp or capita. I had some cider last night. Volunteering may be best for Monday. I will have to rearrange my week around though.
Friends & Family / Re: The three C's, for when someone you care about self-harms
« Last post by mmej on July 18, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »
I have written this down and look at it everyday. It helps me stay strong.
« Last post by Rob on July 18, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »
We're always around to 'listen' when you're ready.  :hug2:

Not long to the holiday - that's the day our hosepipe ban starts!
« Last post by terrified heart on July 18, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »
I saw my CPN today for the first time in about a month. She said I come across as very flat, like all my emotions are blunted. She thinks I am depressed but wants to see how things go before thinking about changing anything meds wise. I go to Italy on Aug 5th and while I have no enthusiasm about going at the moment she thinks the holiday might perk me up.

I had my implant removed just over a week ago. Obviously it will take a little bit of time for hormones to settle.

Iíve been off my food last few weeks. Have had really bad stomach pain, bloating and nausea. GP ran a load of blood tests which came back negative so he is pretty certain itís IBS. Iím taking something to help and between that and not eating proper meals Iíve actually managed to lose some weight. Which is a positive as Iíve got really overweight over the last 18months.

Thereís other stuff going on inside my head but Iím not ready to think about it all properly yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10