Author Topic: PTSD struggles *trig SA*  (Read 559 times)

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
Re: PTSD struggles *trig SA*
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »
Thanks Tucan. Yes it has gone really quickly. Anxiety is so ridiculous first i was anxious about the holiday now I'm anxious it is nearly over  :fryingpan: . Can't win my body just looks for any reason to switch on the panic button i guess.
Need to sleep now but get worried about not getting enough sleep and having nightmares neither of which hellos me sleep. Might have to give in to the ads to lower my anxiety and then maybe that might help with the nightmares. I should write them down cause i usually can't  remember them after unless they are particularly bizarre.
Missing my dog as well had to put her in kennels to fly up here and normally she sleeps with me. Such a spoilt dog though goes to the luxury kennels  :dog41:
Gonna so procrastinating and try and sleep i guess   :sofa1:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 04:46:00 PM »
Good luck sleeping. Tablets can help to calm things down and take the edge of them so you can deal with them yourself. It's ok to be anxious, you are going through a rough patch and things will be difficult for a little while. Hopefully in time they will settle down again. What type of dog do you have? I like dogs. If I had one it would be spoilt also. Alas I am not allowed one in this flat. Nightmares sucks bless you. You do need some decent sleep though.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were decievers ever'

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 11:31:31 AM »
I have a short legged Jack Russell. She is my best friend and i would be lost without her  :dog41:
That's a shame my dog does seriously limit my options for places to live but my accommodation had come with my jobs so far and been ok with the dog.
Yeah i hope so i thought i was done with all this MH stuff. I thought i had put it all behind me but apparently avoiding all this stuff is how the PTSD came about in the first place so i have to deal with it and then i am hopefully done with it forever. Its just rough going and why did it have to happen after i had moved to the other side of the world  :banghead:
*sigh* one for in front of the other i suppose  ::-\:
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »
Aww bless you. SHe sounds fab. I like dogs. MH stuff has a habit of creeping up on you and making things all ick again. I guess it's just something you need to deal with. You were very brave moving across the world. I hope it's going ok for you otherwise. It's nearly time up on your holiday. Bless you.

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 11:37:02 AM »
Yeah i guess but i had a job and house etc all lined up which made it a lot easier. The hardest thing was shipping my dog over. 
It does doesn't it. I'm worried this i will never be free of it. I feel like i can't go back to feeling ok again like I've opened pandoras box and i can't close it again. I how that isn't the case though as life is hard work like this. People who suffer long term mental illnesses are incredible because i know what it feels like to be well and i want it back. Im scared to go back to that place off blackness that is depression where i wanted it all to end and feeling this anxiety makes me anxious that it might head that way.
Psychologist Tuesday after 2 weeks without her so that will hopefully help with the back to work blues cause i will be able to talk about all the stuff ive been holding on too.
Last SH 18/02/12

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 03:42:30 PM »
That's good that you have an appointment coming up soon. I am happy you will be able to talk to somebody. You may not slip back into the dark space. Hopefully you will be able to nip it in the bud and get on top of your anxiety. Are you still thinking about medication?

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
Yeah I am I have dragged my heels about it and keep putting it off because I don't want to take it. I don't want to rely on taking anything, I don't want to not be myself, I'm probably in denial that I need it and I have been put off drugs after the amitriptyline I took to help me sleep gave me terrible vertigo. I'm really struggling to sleep though and my mood is just anxiety mixed with occasional hopelessness i guess. The drugs are supposed to help with that so im swinging between giving in and keeping going. Going to ask the psychologist when i see her what she thinks.

I dropped my Mum and her partner at the airport this morning and then raced to pick up my dog then get back to work. Been teaching all day which i normally love but anxiety has ruled the day today and i just feel tired and a bit lost i guess. Missing my mum already even though they got on my nerves a lot when they were here. Feel like i didn't made the most of it  because i was very busy keeping my walls up high to hide my issues. Really i want my mum to give me a big hug and tell me its all ok but that will never happen because i can't tell her what's wrong  :(

Feel a bit depressed this evening need to find my reasons for putting one foot in front of the other each day again. I guess it's the anticlimax of the holiday and the loneliness kicking in. Just come home and got in bed. Need to getup and cook some food cause I've hardly eaten all day but I'm having trouble motivating myself to move. Guess i just need to make it to Tuesday so i can talk.
Last SH 18/02/12

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 12:17:52 PM »
Anxiety does suck though. The best thing I did was take medication for it. It really did help me a lot. Have a chat with your pyschologist and see what they say. Sorry work wasn't that great it sucks when mental health gets in the way.

Online Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 12:37:38 PM »
Ugh sometimes life is just too much like hard work. I feel grumpy . Think i have caught the cold they brought with them from the uk which is just great when im about to go in to holiday camps which is an incredibly busy 2 weeks. I'm so tired from not sleeping and just stressed and anxious its all a bit hard.  I want to cut but i can't  :banghead: i want a break from the world but i just had a holiday. I want a hug but that isn't available either. Ugh  :hide:
Last SH 18/02/12

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 05:17:50 PM »
Aww bless you. That sounds frustrating. Did you get a hug from your mum when she was here? Everything sucks more when you don't sleep. Have you ever tried sleep hygiene? It gives you tips that over time can improve your sleep. What do you have to do on the holiday camps?