Author Topic: the maudsley inpatient sh unit  (Read 5988 times)

Offline raindrop

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
the maudsley inpatient sh unit
« on: April 01, 2012, 05:08:14 PM »
hello

i'm new to this site so i hope i don't go wrong - sorry in advance if i do anything i shouldn't.... just wondered if anyone's any experience of the maudsley as an inpatient for sh??  I've been referred and really anxious...desperate  for help but petrified of it too.  Had some terrible experiences as inpatient with anorexia over the years....  please be honest.  Thank you.

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
Re: the maudsley inpatient sh unit
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:17:54 PM »
It's really good just on out patient now but was an in patient. It's been through lots of changes and the ward is not as nice now but the treatment is ace it's dbt based. Pm me if you want

Hash

Offline raindrop

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »
Thank you so much for your message Hash.  Sound stupid (probably I am), but don't know how / or if can message you aside from on here??  'Pm' did you mean 'post me'?? Sorry to be so thick??  Would love to be in touch more....feel so alone with it all.  How are things with you now?  Thinking of you.   :wave:

Offline Reeta

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Faulty genes
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 10:45:02 PM »
Welcome to the site.

PM means private message- basically like an email but on the forum, unfortunately you are still a newbie so you can't send one yet.
After a month of active posting you should be moved to your relevant group be that standard member (if you haven't advised your age, haven (if you are under 18) or 18+

When you have access to PMs you click on the lil bubble with the IM under the persons name that you want to send it to.

Offline raindrop

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »
Thank you for info Reeta.  I am 18+!  Annoying can't PM for over a month tho...Any way of changing this??  Guessing not.  Public boards are great but only for certain things...  Thank you for welcome tho!  I'm useless at new things like this!

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:03:32 PM »

Okay bluebell I am on my laptop now so I can give you a longer reply. Have you been assessed for the self harm unit yet I think they are calling it the emtional and effective disorders unit now. Unfortunately during my admission it merged with the affective disorders unit which means you are mixed in with patients with severe depression and affective disorders. They are all a nice bunch and the staff are really nice. The Psychiatrist who heads up the unit Dr Moran is incredible he is so understanding and very knowledgable. The program is quite intense with early morning get ups for meds etc make sure you pack an alarm clock as you will need one. There is an opportunity for family therapy and you get treated really neautrally when you self harm but you do have to go in a taxi on your own to A and E and back if it needs treatment. They are expanding their DBT at the moment so you will do alot of that as well as things like cookery, creative writing, projective art and community groups. Also you have the opportunity for one to one sessions which you have to book in advance at set times, this may seem strange at first but you get used to it. You have your own room which has a sink in and a cabinet for drugs and tools that is lockable. You can go home at weekends and in fact this is actively encouraged.

Hash